English immigration .

I've no problem with the wealthy coming here as long as they stay within the law.

Those with money will contribute to the wealth of the country by the amount they spend on their extravagant life styles.

Each time they spend hundreds of pounds eating out in a restaurant, not only will they be paying to keep people in jobs, they'll also be contributing VAT to the Government coffers.

They'll probably have private healthcare and private education for their kids, therefore not taking out of the countries coffers.

Compare that to someone coming from Romania or Somalia who has no money and no education.....They'll be after free housing, free schooling for their kids and taking advantage of the NHS, without contributing anything into the pot.

I know which one I'd prefer to see coming into this country.

Regards

Doom

you mean those wealthy ones that use tax avoidence schemes and such forth? :suspect:

It's the same if we want to go and live in say the US or Australia. If we can prove a level of wealth we are welcomed with open arms. Makes perfect sense. Money makes the world go round. If you have money, you are valued, if you have none, you are not. Why allow extra drains on society to come into the country and offer no benefit.

I've no problem with the wealthy coming here as long as they stay within the law.

Those with money will contribute to the wealth of the country by the amount they spend on their extravagant life styles.

Each time they spend hundreds of pounds eating out in a restaurant, not only will they be paying to keep people in jobs, they'll also be contributing VAT to the Government coffers.

They'll probably have private healthcare and private education for their kids, therefore not taking out of the countries coffers.

Compare that to someone coming from Romania or Somalia who has no money and no education.....They'll be after free housing, free schooling for their kids and taking advantage of the NHS, without contributing anything into the pot.

Regards

Doom

And so some people are worthless due to where and to whom they was born.?

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 13:56 ----------

It's the same if we want to go and live in say the US or Australia. If we can prove a level of wealth we are welcomed with open arms. Makes perfect sense. Money makes the world go round. If you have money, you are valued, if you have none, you are not. Why allow extra drains on society to come into the country and offer no benefit.

We once owned America gave it OUR language and our system of fairness when welcoming the poor and needy into our land.

Australia was also ours and we used to send convicts and poor people there as well, we then started to charge ten pounds for the passage and now they only want the rich and famous.

A bit like some on this forum.

It seems as though every time we read the newspapers we are informed that another Hollywood film star or Russian gangster has upped sticks and moved to a stockbroker belt in Surrey or Berkshire...

Looks like we're happy to welcome Russian gangsters with open arms, as long as they promise to behave themselves (which they will, after what happened to Berezovsky):

I do not mind if they do not have serious criminal records...

I've no problem with the wealthy coming here as long as they stay within the law...

If you have money, you are valued, if you have none, you are not.

Saw this: "London Mayor Boris Johnson said the UK needs a "points-based system" akin to Australia and America to control immigration"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29587391

Don't want to dishearten the chump but we already have a PBS and all it does is lend itself to fabrication which, more often than not, cannot be proved and often inconclusive. Even if it is proved, it is disregarded at appeal and the Immigration Judge will always side with the appellant on such cases. The Australian system is not all it’s cracked-up to be either. If government says it’s going to stop all immigration, they will just come anyway and if people are wondering, the English Channel is not an obstacle.

Regards

Doom

yes Doom, I agree with every thing you have said.

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 20:10 ----------

Looks like we're happy to welcome Russian gangsters with open arms, as long as they promise to behave themselves (which they will, after what happened to Berezovsky):

I wonder how many Romanian, Bulgarian or Somalian gangsters we have in this country?

What we need is a "criteria "system where if someone dosnt meet those criteria , they aint coming in. Those criteria should be

1/ must already have a job confirmed BEFORE they are allowed in the country OR be married to someone who already has a job confirmed so their partner can support them as no benefits will be available to them.

OR

can prove they are financially able to support themselves until they get a job once in the UK as no benefits will be available to them.

I wonder how many Romanian, Bulgarian or Somalian gangsters we have in this country?

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the numbers were in the thousands, but I don't see why we should be favouring Russian gangsters over any other nationality.

Money can't buy foreign criminals any class, but it can buy them entry into the UK.

If you come in from outside the EU there is a £18600 min income that applies, then add £2k per additional dependant.

All non-EU immigrants are exempt from access to public funds now for the first 5 years of residency. They only have access to the NHS. No child credits, no working tax credits, housing, JSA, and more.

Not sure what else the gov't can do?