English immigration .

You have to specify the number of adults and kids (and pets) travelling in a car when booking Eurotunnel.

They won't care if there are less people in the car than booked though.

UK border checks scan/slide passports/ID cards in the booth, outgoing and return.

Are you sure, on the outgoing? Even at the airport they don't scan it outgoing from what I remember. And it was only a month ago I travelled long haul.

I have zero doubt travel companies and border control points collate the info in some form or another, at least in very substantial part. Whether it's public (State) or private (airline, etc.) data, whether it's aggregated or not, <etc.> I don't know...but the info is collected electronically (e.g. airline desks scan/input passport details, airside border scan passports <etc.>).

It's the collation into any meaningful form for the government that I doubt. (regarding outbound, not inbound).

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 15:54 ----------

And not overworked!!!

There are some great people from abroad who work for the NHS but we cannot cope with the influx of immigrants, whether they are poor or not.

The largest burden on the NHS is diabetes, and the second largest group are age related.

These conditions are not ones that immigrants suffer from particularly.

They won't care if there are less people in the car than booked though.
Dunno, I've never been through with less than booked/advertised.

Are you sure, on the outgoing?
For Eurotunnel, positive. At the big long white 'hut with an oversized roof' (straight road after the sharp bend, after you leave the car park/shopping/food forecourt). Flagged down by Brit officer every time, more infrequently by the French one. Never had car flagged down and searched yet on Brit side, and "half-once" on French side (officers seemingly "reconsidered" after waving us off the file and into the small garage-thing on the right; they took one look and then waved us through...they must have seen the dog's shiny white gnashers through the window and didn't fancy counting their fingers after a search :hihi:)

Even at the airport they don't scan it outgoing from what I remember. And it was only a month ago I travelled long haul.
Last long haul flight I did was Mexico this July from Manchester. Passports scanned in at counter (Thomson) then by landside/airside security outgoing, and at Customs counter coming back.

It's the collation into any meaningful form for the government that I doubt. (regarding outbound, not inbound).
Some time spent working (quite-) high-up in the French civil administration a decade and a half ago, significantly ramping up my cynicism for all things 'State' at the bare face of factual hands-on experience, makes me I think it's there alright, perhaps on the sly/quiet by GCHQ or otherwise, but not released, and you can bet no amount of FoI requests would ever turn into a confirmation or otherwise. Too hot a political potato.

Makes no difference to me (never had any problem/issue with perma-carrying and producing ID on request, incl. latest biometric ones), so that's about the extent of how much I care about it, in fairness :)

I suppose I'll get to care 'more' when British vox populi and action/behaviour eventually turns me into an undesirable, as historical evidence suggests should happen. At which time, assets shall be sold off and others expatriated, rods shall be given and good luck wished to ye all.

Edited by L00b

Can you stop parroting Nigel for a moment and actually think about what you just said?

PS: recently had an argument with someone on Facebook about this, they work for an A&E in Greater Manchester and claimed they were being overrun by foreigners. After plenty of wrangling it came out: Asians. Not foreign Asians, UK born Asians. How many out of the total? About 1 in 5, in a town that has a significant Asian population. Yet this person was going on and on about how foreigners were coming here destroying the NHS.

Sorry tzijlstra - I'm not "parroting" Nigel at all - I'm talking from first hand experience. Whist at LGI I had wonderful care from Phillipino nurses and carers. Since transferring to a local hospital I have had he same care from British AND Pakistani nurses /carers.

What I am saying is that these people are overworked due to the demands of foreigners!

I have a great deal of respect for our NHS but don't want it ruined by people who have not contributed.

Is that clear enough?

Quite easy! I am on dialysis three times a week and 75% on the "same shift" arte foreigners!" Does that answer your "pointed" question?

Would that be because LGI also serves Bradford for dialysis and the well known fact that Asian people are far more likely to have kidney issues due to higher rates of diabetes than other sections of the population? As dialysis is a lengthy procedure that you often share with your fellow patients, I presume you know whether they are 'foreign' or in fact British nationals?

The Germans are the worst they came here in their thousands and now live in the best address in London.

But the Germans work, pay taxes and don't make demands on the welfare services. The worst are the ones who come, have boatloads of kids, don't speak English and demand cheap housing and family support then brow beat their kids about how wonderful the culture and way of life was back in the old country

But the Germans work, pay taxes and don't make demands on the welfare services. The worst are the ones who come, have boatloads of kids, don't speak English and demand cheap housing and family support then brow beat their kids about how wonderful the culture and way of life was back in the old country

America is a country full of immigrants. Some work, some don't. Why pick on the ones that are only just coming into the country?

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 01:32 ----------

Bonzo - please don't talk about UKIP and the BNP together. They are NOT, and there is no comparison. Oh and by the way, when UKIP put figures on their site, they in turn get them from reliable sources.

Both are racist, one slightly more than the other. What's the difference???

That's the family .Some lovely palaces with hundreds of bedrooms and no bed tax to pay .