Cheap Cheap Cheap!!

See your last post. Because we're all tight-fisted Sheffielders. That's why.

We want a Harvey Nichols and a Selfridges in the city centre, but we aren't prepared to pay their high prices.

Now your question has been answered, so the Mods can close this thread.

You do realise don't you,that if it wasn't for "cheap" people,the company you work for would cease to exist?

Just saying.....:D

Cheap and a dangerously high number of people who either can't read parking notices, or think they have a right to park where they like.

I would tell them to pay up instead, and either be more careful where they park in future, or hand in their drivers license and get off the roads.

Sheffielders: Tight-fisted and not very bright.

'Buy cheap, buy twice' ... that's my motto. Things are cheap for several reasons, none of them good. Never go for the cheapest quote when having work done ... it's cheap because it'll be rubbish.

Cheap things can be dangerous too ... for instance, don't buy the cheapest O-ring seals for solid rocket boosters, if you happen to be building a space shuttle.

The best way to save money is not to buy the cheapest ... strange, but true. :)

Edited by Alcoblog

Most people will always want goods and services as cheap as possible, consistent with acceptable quality. That's why charity shops, Home Bargains, TG Hughes, £1 shops etc are thriving.

If I offered the OP a new car at half the normal price, I've got a suspicion that he'd buy it.

Everything is

Cheap this and cheap that.

Why do people always think cheap is some how good?

I don't think people always think this. I certainly don't, and my friends don't.

---------- Post added 13-10-2014 at 09:41 ----------

Most people will always want goods and services as cheap as possible, consistent with acceptable quality. That's why charity shops, Home Bargains, TG Hughes, £1 shops etc are thriving.

If I offered the OP a new car at half the normal price, I've got a suspicion that he'd buy it.

If something is a bargain, then that's great. If something is cheap because it's poor quality, then whether it's good depends on what you want.

If you need it to use it once, then cheap and poor is probably what you want. If you want it to last, then good quality is worth paying for. Which isn't to say that you don't still want good value, nobody likes to waste money or pay over the odds, even for a quality product.