DJ Simon Hirst is to become a Woman

I don't understand why this is news? Is he/she a big name in commercial radio or something? Never heard of them before this.

My daughter listened to him on the Capital Radio breakfast show...don't know what else he's done (or should that be she?)

I don't understand why this is news? Is he/she a big name in commercial radio or something? Never heard of them before this.

It could be a generation thing, I don't know! but Hirsty has been on the local radio for the past 11yrs, Hallam FM and Galaxy (now capital) he also hosted to UK's top 40 for a few years..

Fantastic DJ :thumbsup:

It could be a generation thing, I don't know! but Hirsty has been on the local radio for the past 11yrs, Hallam FM and Galaxy (now capital) he also hosted to UK's top 40 for a few years..

Fantastic DJ :thumbsup:

Doesn't matter how good that'll are to me. If they're on any of the stations you've listed, they won't be famous in my house!

So is she coming back to the radio then, as they were a pretty good DJ.

I wonder how the voice will sound now??

Well apparently there's a petition that has already be signed by 20,000+ folk who want her to get back onto the radio - possibly her old job?

And I listened to the interview she did and she sounds the same just more softly spoken than before.