Midwifes' are to strike 13/10/14

As few as one in 10 health workers backed NHS strike

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/11158653/As-few-as-one-in-10-health-workers-backed-NHS-strike.html

However just 9.5 per cent of balloted members of the UK's largest healthcare union Unison's balloted members voted in favour of strike action, fewer than one in 10 who were eligible to vote.

In the healthcare sector, the leadership of Unison and Unite only persuaded around 12% of their members to support industrial action. We don’t think it’s right that union leaders can disrupt services for hardworking people without demonstrating that they have the support of their members.

That doesn't mean that 1 in 10 workers don't agree with what the unions are doing.

It must be very difficult to take action when you work in a caring environment, which is already stretched to breaking point!

I know I would feel slightly guilty. It's not the public's fault that the NHS is being run into the ground. Yet it's the public that will be affected.

There are many people working in the NHS who are not in an NHS pension scheme, because the contributions which an employee has to make are much bigger than what many low paid workers can afford. This was made worse by the current coalition government who upped the contribution rates.

The coalition have recognized the pension timebomb that awaits our children and grandchildren. The failure of the 13year Labour government to properly regulate for pensions has lead to this Tory led administration having to take quite electorally brave decisions.

I question how many people in the NHS cannot make some contribution to their pension, how many and at what level?

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 11:31 ----------

That doesn't mean that 1 in 10 workers don't agree with what the unions are doing.

It must be very difficult to take action when you work in a caring environment, which is already stretched to breaking point!

I know I would feel slightly guilty. It's not the public's fault that the NHS is being run into the ground. Yet it's the public that will be affected.

Oh come on ! when the teachers had their "day of action" Meadowhall was packed. The Thai restaurant sold out! Its the same with the NHS employees.

So come on tell me, increase in wages to that desired by NHS staff coupled with redundancies to make the books balance, or take whats on offer, get the money spent on recruitment and training and improve the service. Your call.

The coalition have recognized the pension timebomb that awaits our children and grandchildren. The failure of the 13year Labour government to properly regulate for pensions has lead to this Tory led administration having to take quite electorally brave decisions.

I question how many people in the NHS cannot make some contribution to their pension, how many and at what level?

Oh come on ! when the teachers had their "day of action" Meadowhall was packed. The Thai restaurant sold out! Its the same with the NHS employees.

So come on tell me, increase in wages to that desired by NHS staff coupled with redundancies to make the books balance, or take whats on offer, get the money spent on recruitment and training and improve the service. Your call.

Are you sure that Thai restaurants and Meadowhall was packed out from 07:00 to 11:00 on Monday morning?

Are you sure that Thai restaurants and Meadowhall was packed out from 07:00 to 11:00 on Monday morning?

He's like a record with the needle stuck.

Meadowhall was not packed, nor was the Thai restaurant ???

Same goes for the NHS staff that took action.

Redundancies don't need to be made. There's more than enough money to spend on our NHS and education system. There's enough to make it better and employ more people!

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 00:52 ----------

Do you always lie to try and win your arguments?

Edited by Joe-b-1

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 00:52 ----------

Do you always lie to try and win your arguments?

It definitely seems that way. That's at least the 2nd time I've read that same lie from the same person!