Overseas people buying houses in Sheffield

Yes but what happens when even these new built houses get bought by the overseas investors?

As the report says:

'A stampede of Chinese and Russian investors are snapping up British homes aimed at families and first-time buyers'.

they simply won't be allowed to do what they are doing now, or won't have the incentive to do so, hopefully they will be investing in building these homes and everything what goes with it, sorry to be vague.

You havnt really thought that through have you.

yes we have actually and we quickly came to the conclusion that people like you are in a minority and don't represent the majority, which is one of the many reasons we are going for it.

the personal greed of the minority will not be stop the majority's personal need in our opinion, but we will welcome your say on it tho in due course if you can be bothered to come along and discuss it once things have been set up properly, or you can always snipe us on here.

get out while ya can is my advice, i'm sure you will be able to sort your retirement out with what you have within 5-10 years.

i would just like to point out to everyone we won't be a political party, but more of a think tank what is putting the country's interest first and we believe we will have a major influence if things keep progressing as they are.

we are made up with what we have realised we can achieve once it's all put together, but at the moment it's private as we are going to be a company and will be a good year before we become active and start letting people in, but there is a way to get in but like i said you have to naturally gravitate towards it at this point in time.

we are aiming for next may as the outcome of the general election decides which path we take.

no more info sorry.

they simply won't be allowed to do what they are doing now, or won't have the incentive to do so, hopefully they will be investing in building these homes and everything what goes with it, sorry to be vague.

yes we have actually and we quickly came to the conclusion that people like you are in a minority and don't represent the majority, which is one of the many reasons we are going for it.

the personal greed of the minority will not be stop the majority's personal need in our opinion, but we will welcome your say on it tho in due course if you can be bothered to come along and discuss it once things have been set up properly, or you can always snipe us on here.

get out while ya can is my advice, i'm sure you will be able to sort your retirement out with what you have within 5-10 years.

i would just like to point out to everyone we won't be a political party, but more of a think tank what is putting the country's interest first and we believe we will have a major influence if things keep progressing as they are.

we are made up with what we have realised we can achieve once it's all put together, but at the moment it's private as we are going to be a company and will be a good year before we become active and start letting people in, but there is a way to get in but like i said you have to naturally gravitate towards it at this point in time.

we are aiming for next may as the outcome of the general election decides which path we take.

no more info sorry.

A company that is going to explain to home-owners that their houses are worth less, so that the green-belt can be pumped full of new houses, that is run by someone who doesn't know what the shift key is for.

I think it will be a roaring success, can I buy shares in this company?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/15/protests-mipim-property-fair-london

It was billed as the ultimate “property marketplace”, a high-profile networking event for investors, developers and local authorities to broker big deals, but the first day of the Mipim conference in Olympia, west London ended in a police lockdown. Protesters forced organisers to close the gates and one conference delegate was arrested on suspicion of assault as tensions spilled over.

Like a regional popularity contest, the fair hosts 35 cities and local authorities, each selling their investment opportunities in little booths plastered with aspirational slogans – from “Nottingham: the time is now, the place is here” to “Croydon: the economic powerhouse of the south-east”. Delegates drift from a mint cake reception with Invest in South Lakeland to a whisky tasting with the Scottish Cities Association, past Southwark’s motivational triad, “Towers, sky, ambition”.

Edited by chalga

Says it all really doesn't it.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/15/protests-mipim-property-fair-london

'Some protesters were there to object to the redevelopment of nearby Earls Court, subject to an £8bn masterplan by Capital and Counties for 7,600 homes in blocks up to 22 storeys high, in which one-bedroom flats will start at around £600,000. There will be 740 “affordable” homes, but at 80% of market rent they will be affordable only for those on annual incomes of at least £80,000, critics say.

“This is the wrong type of housing,” said Lib Dem councillor Linda Wade, who has lived in the area since 1976. “It’s fuelling the appetite for overseas investment rather than providing the homes that we desperately need”.

---------- Post added 16-10-2014 at 11:58 ----------

I still think that rather than a massive expansion in housebuilding, we need a reduction in the number of people living here.

But even if there were a reduction of people living here, our own population will still increase over the years, we will have a longer ageing population, plus, it will not stop overseas buyers from buying up property and leaving them empty.