There should be a National strike.

Ah so you are unhappy Labour didn't win a free and fair election in 2010. You could have saved a load of time by just saying that. Well we've got one coming up so best of luck with that.

It's not about right or left. They're both as bad as each other. What the whole system needs is a shake up. At least a national strike will let them know people are serious. It will also let people know that the public are serious too. Things like this need to gather momentum!

It's not about right or left. They're both as bad as each other. What the whole system needs is a shake up. At least a national strike will let them know people are serious. It will also let people know that the public are serious too. Things like this need to gather momentum!

In order for a concerted national strike union teeth would have to be sharpened. Over the last few decades union integrity along with workers rights have been compromised generally. We've become pretty apathetic I believe...just an opinion.

There is seldom strike action outside the more militant unions when Labour are in. #just sayin

---------- Post added 13-10-2014 at 14:52 ----------

Maybe, why?

Come on, don't be coy ;)

You are a vocal critic of thus government and I wondered if you were going to join your oppressed brothers and sisters.

In order for a concerted national strike union teeth would have to be sharpened. Over the last few decades union integrity along with workers rights have been compromised generally. We've become pretty apathetic I believe...just an opinion.

I totally agree. People don't seem to give a toss these days.

The Government don't set their own pay. It is done by an independent body.

jb

They don't have to accept it, though, do they? Just like they don't accept independent reviews for other public sector workers when it doesn't suit them.

Totally agree with Cyclone they should not get any increase beyond what the most lowly paid public servant is getting. MPs salaries have risen enormously in the past few years, whilst the majority of public sector workers' salaries have been effectively decreasing.