In praise of Dr Shameela Zulfiqar.

In case people don't recognise the name, this is the lady who has featured in the news recently, speaking about Alan Henning (RIP), and was a good friend of his.

I think she is brave for speaking out and has represented herself and Alan Henning (RIP), his family, and the causes he put himself in danger for, extremely well.

She deserves recognition, in my opinion, for helping to heal some of the wounds and promote community cohesion and inter-faith condemnation of these evil acts, as do Alan Henning's family also.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29586417

She does deserve recognition, but she is not alone. The muslim community has been extremely vocal about this, killing a samaritan is as abhorrent to the islam as it is to any other religion and it goes to show that IS are simply using their faith as a tool to gain power.

She does deserve recognition, but she is not alone. The muslim community has been extremely vocal about this, killing a samaritan is as abhorrent to the islam as it is to any other religion and it goes to show that IS are simply using their faith as a tool to gain power.

True, there have many other deserving representatives too, but I do think she was has been very vocal and her representations have given rise to many others coming forward.