The most worthless people in the UK in 2014?

My mistake, it wasnt this thread, it was an identical one that was removed it seems, does anyone have any idea why?

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 23:43 ----------

You could be right but it left yours ;-)

The idea for the thread came from the description of the victims of the local CSE crime as being worthless by the abusers, police and local government. However, there are already threads mentioning CSE, and that is why the previous one was removed.

I have re-posted the thread and removed any mention of the CSE, so the debate about worth can be had

I never wanted this thread to be about CSE, but I mentioned it so as to give a better understanding of the concept of worth, and how people of little worth can be systematically abused etc. without anybody really caring.

The rational being, if the girls were viewed as worthless and the abuse allowed to continue and be ignored because they were of such little worth. Then who else is viewed as worthless and at risk of abuse, violence etc.

Hopefully this thread can remain and a debate about worth be had.

Explains perfectly.thankyou.

Original removed as it mentioned the inconvenient truth.

The reason given was that any thread mentioning CSE leads to serious difficulties regarding moderation.

Have had to include it now, to clear up the confusion, but I suppose it also explains a bit more about the idea of worth and how some are viewed as worthless.

Please can fellow posters keep the thread on about worth, so the thread can continue and lead to interesting debate.

Because it isn't just one group that is seen as being of little worth, many groups of people are, and they all face problems because of it.

And more importantly, those problems are ignored and allowed to get out of control.

Nobody would wish bad things upon another, but it seems, when bad things affect those of the least worth, they seem to be ignored.

We supposedly live in a society that prides itself on equality, but it clearly is not equal.

Suppose a person suffers a violent crime, suppose that person is an old woman, or a young man.

People would be more outraged about violence to old women than to young men, yet the vast majority of violence is towards young men.

Does the concept of worth and worthiness perpetuate this violence? Allow it to happen, without much been done to tackle it.

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 00:36 ----------

I am unemployed & Have no family.

How much would I get for me in Cash Converters???

Suppose you were to pawn a sentimental piece of jewellery.

You'd probably get less at a awn shop if they knew you were unemployed and without family. Than if you were working and had a family.

Suppose you were to express an opinion on something. Perhaps your opinion would be valued more if you were working, than if you were unemployed...

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 23:29 ----------

Instead of the Sunday Times having a 'Rich List', maybe once they could do a 'poor list' of those unfortunates in the U.K. who are poverty stricken, marginalised, and downtrodden :(

It would be interesting.

And perhaps a youguv poll. The evidence would then be able to be used to identify those most at risk of crime etc.