Mock as you may it is hard not to respect Sheffield United for this.

bassett-boys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29614980

The price that comes with being a football fan in this day and age is nothing short of ridiculous as well all know but once again we see how English football in particular is extremely expensive and in all fairness we are pretty much the victims of daylight robbery!

This forum has seen many a thread over the years based around Sheffield United football club and the great value ticket offers that the club gives it's fans. A good few Wednesday fans have mocked the club for the offers in the past as well which is quite bizarre as all things said and done the average attendances at the club have always been solid therefore all the offers to do is reward some fans and entice others through the gates.

However once again Sheffield United football club lead the way when it comes to ticket prices. Even in a pub league like league one we are still front runners when it comes to providing affordable football. Looking at the bigger picture it would be foolish to mock this really and it is about time all football league clubs followed suit and finally looked at capping the costs because eventually we will see more and more "empty plastic seats" appear at grounds up and down the country as we are priced out of following our clubs.

Whilst premier league clubs charge the most in Europe for a ticket the likes of Barcelona still offer season tickets for £103.

Anyhow keeping this on track. Well done again Sheffield United for deciding against the huge price hikes that all of the other clubs keeping opting for year in, year out. Thank you for making our football affordable again! Who knows eventually other clubs might follow suit and even better fans might start voting with their feet and demanding change before the sport is ruined forever!

There is a quote, lower down on that page you linked to. "Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday offer the cheapest matchday ticket in the four leagues."

Well done to both clubs, but it is still expensive.

I can't see any mention of any other Sheffield club in the main article.

Mind you, it is early. Can anyone help me out?

Have i missed seemthing the only congratulations i can see are for Wednesday and Derby - i didn't see any reference to the Blades anywhere.

"In the Football League, the average cost of the cheapest match-day ticket increased 31.7% in League One and 19% in League Two. In the Championship, the average price has fell 3.2%."

In fact the indications is that the pub league has put its price up more than the better rated teams in the Championship.

"At £20.00, the cost of the cheapest match-day ticket at Sheff. Utd has increased by £9.00 since 2011."

Edited by willman

It's not in the main-article, it's in a yellow box on the left, quite some way down the page.

I saw that.

I was wondering where the info about the Blades was.:cool:

The BBC did a similar article last season and the Blades came out as one of the cheapest at £10 for a ticket (just like Derby and Wednesday this time).

My mate went to watch Barnet about a month ago (his brother in law has a ST and gave it to him for the day). If he paid cash for the same ticket it would have cost him £23, £23 to watch a Conference Premier team...