Videos - what to do with them!

Hello I had a clear out a while back as most of them I had on VHS I had bought on DVD I saved some that were precious or that I did not have on DVD already. The rest I took in bags to the various Charity Shops in the Town where I live as I thought some of them were in too good a condition to throw away and somebody who still has a VHS player would get some pleasure out of them. I hope this has helped you and given you an idea what to do with them. :)

Edited by DaisyDuke84
To Add In A Letter

Hello I had a clear out a while back as most of them I had on VHS I had bought on DVD I saved some that were precious or that I did not have on DVD already. The rest I took in bags to the various Charity Shops in the Town where I live as I thought some of them were in too good a condition to throw away and somebody who still has a VHS player would get some pleasure out of them. I hope this has helped you and given you an idea what to do with them. :)

Sign at my local charity shop requests that no videos are deposited.

Stranza - that sounds like the voice of experience!!

DaisyDuke84 - I normally take stuff to charity shops but I'd assumed they wouldn't want them anymore ... I shall investigate further!

Oh right I see I think it was about three years since I took mine and they accepted them. Maybe it has changed recently and now they don't accept them. :)

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 18:59 ----------

Sign at my local charity shop requests that no videos are deposited.

Oh right I see I think it was about three years since I took mine and they accepted them. Maybe it has changed recently and now they don't accept them. :)

Just wondered if there's anything 'recycle-y' I could do with videos (both pre-recorded ones and ones recorded of the TV). Having a much needed clear out at the moment, but hate throwing things away!

Cheers

If they're feature films you could film and sellotape a different ending onto them ... then flog 'em on eBay as rare 'director's cuts'. Either that, or edit different films together ... I've done it before and made a pretty penny out of E.T. being eaten by Hannibal Lecter. ;)

If they're feature films you could film and sellotape a different ending onto them ... then flog 'em on eBay as rare 'director's cuts'. Either that, or edit different films together ... I've done it before and made a pretty penny out of E.T. being eaten by Hannibal Lecter. ;)

:hihi::hihi: