Decent Food in S6

newcomer01

Having lived in S6 for the past few years it was sad to see that the Rivelin pub frequented by so few.However I am glad to say that after being sold and then renovated it is now in the ascendancy.

Since its reopening a few weeks ago,I and my better half have been in to sample its quisine.

Firstly several days ago we tried the Sunday lunch.There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best Sunday lunch that I have had in Sheffield.

A few days ago we went for our lunch to see what the two for £5 range was like .

Anyone wanting decent food at a very good price,as well as tasting the cask ales will not go wrong by trying the Rivelin.

That is correct ,I believe that they own both.Never the less ,the reason for me sharing my opinion is that it has only just re opened and I daresay that there is always someone wanting a new eating experience somewhat different to the well established carvery

Having lived in S6 for the past few years it was sad to see that the Rivelin pub frequented by so few.However I am glad to say that after being sold and then renovated it is now in the ascendancy.

Since its reopening a few weeks ago,I and my better half have been in to sample its quisine.

Firstly several days ago we tried the Sunday lunch.There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best Sunday lunch that I have had in Sheffield.

A few days ago we went for our lunch to see what the two for £5 range was like .

Anyone wanting decent food at a very good price,as well as tasting the cask ales will not go wrong by trying the Rivelin.

Where a outs in S6 is it?

Its quite easy to find .Once at the Tram terminus at Malin Bridge, turn left onto Rivelin Valley Road passing the Fire Station and its a couple of hundred yards on the right hand side after the first S bend

It's a good half an hour walk from the terminus but it's worth it.

Its quite easy to find .Once at the Tram terminus at Malin Bridge, turn left onto Rivelin Valley Road passing the Fire Station and its a couple of hundred yards on the right hand side after the first S bend

Isn't that the Holly Bush on the right of Rivelin Valley Road or maybe the Norfolk Arms which is much further on.

The Rivelin Hotel is on Tofts Lane and according to the " Star " newspaper the next door neighbour to the pub a Mr Dean Crookes bought it for someone else to run it, which we have been told who that is. I hope this is true because they do some very good meals at the Peacock.

Edited by jaffa1