When Sundays were special

That brings back the memories, it was actually called Pick of the Pops. :)

(Hi there pop pickers)

Yes it was called pick of the pops but was actually a top twenty show with various sections ie.new entries,fluff was the only DJ i Know to have an album track named after him.

Unit 1 was the Chart Newcomers (later climbers).

Unit 2 was the New Releases

Unit 3 was the Pick of the Pops LP Spot

Unit 4 was the Week's Top 10

Edited by rockonvynil

For a while my Sunday morning was getting up early to deliver newspapers. The paper seller was our daily milkman who sold from his horse & cart, one old lady customer always had hot seasoned yorkshire pudding ready for us. I used to get my Girl & School Friend free and 2/6 for my troubles, plus I got to ride Dolly the ex-police horse.

All the blokes seemed to go to the pub Sunday dinner, come back have dinner and sleep it off. To keep quiet we went and played football in Ecclesfield park. Later on I remember British films on BBC Old Mother Riley and co. Mid 60's on l used to hate The Palladium because l hadn't done my homework and by then it was too late. At one point Dad played drums at Sheffield Lane Top and there used to be a bloke selling and swapping comics. There were the american DC comics in colour (superman etc) and British marvel man comics in black and white. Every Whitsun we went in our best and stood on stage to sing Davy Crockett. I think they gave us 6d as we came off.