Forums are empty

I would say that anyone who is soooooo concerned shouldn't actually be posting on a public forum....A clue is in the phrase 'public'...it's far more open to the world to see than any Facebook or Twitter account. You don't even have to be a member to see posts.

Ah, so your response is to exclude them from this particular online community, instead of accepting that they might want to use a proxy as an additional layer of security. How inclusive and understanding of you.

Ah, so your response is to exclude them from this particular online community, instead of accepting that they might want to use a proxy as an additional layer of security. How inclusive and understanding of you.

Hi Mr Cyclone!

Mr Pete doesn't appear to be taking my concerns too seriously so I wondered if you might tell me how I go about getting one of these proxy thingies?

Ta very much... :help:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/15/living/gamergate-explainer/

Try again.

And yes, you are still totally missing the point, as you are persisting in belittling the desire for some people to have additional anonymity above what forum software can offer.

Yes got the other link thanks :thumbsup:

I'm not belittling anything.....yes that's once case where threats are totally unacceptable...utterly and totally. I wouldn't for one second dispute that.

Yes there have recently been some awful cases of abuse....(can't remember her name) but that woman that abused the McCann's and subsequently committed suicide, once she was outed in public. So I do understand there are terrible cases of abuse.

But my premise is that if you accept that people are entitled to a higher level of anonymity on SF by using a proxy server, you have to accept that abusers will too....

Edited by PeteMorris

Oh dear....You really are a master of backhanded insults...No matter....

Where did I say exclude these people?....I simply said if they are so paranoid about their whereabouts and identity then maybe they shouldn't be posting on a public forum....Which seems perfectly sensible to me....I wouldn't if I was that bothered.

Oh dear....You really are a master of backhanded insults...No matter....

Where did I say exclude these people?....I simply said if they are so paranoid about their whereabouts and identity then maybe they shouldn't be posting on a public forum....Which seems perfectly sensible to me....I wouldn't if I was that bothered.

Hey Pete!

I never used to be paranoid until I joined this thread... :(

... and now I can't help but notice that PMs are also your initials. Spooky or what?

I'm off to Maplins to get myself a proxy thingy! :confused:

---------- Post added 20-10-2014 at 14:59 ----------

Hey Pete!

... and now I can't help but notice that PMs are also your initials. Spooky or what?

Oops! I'm still new to this so I suppose I shouldn't have told everyone where I was going, should I? :huh:

Hey Pete!

---------- Post added 20-10-2014 at 14:59 ----------

Oops! I'm still new to this so I suppose I shouldn't have told everyone where I was going, should I? :huh:

It's also the title of Mr Camerons job...be afraid....hahaha