Shops – when to turn round and just say no (cancelling the transaction

I went into a cake shop yesterday and I saw these items called Milk Cakes. They looked really interesting and never before did I hear of such a cake so I did an impulse thing and thought “I will buy the cake” so I said that to the woman serving because it was quiet (silent!) in the shop and I needed to stop the silence so we weren’t worried any more (awkward for me and the woman). So far so good. Then though as we was making the payment I thought twice. The cake looked nothing. It looked a rip off actually but I felt it was too late. It would have made me seem really offish if I said “no I’m not buying it” so I had to buy it and it wasn’t very nice. Well, it wasn’t horrible but it was just nothingness really!

So my question is when is it OK to turn round and just say no?

I went into a cake shop yesterday and I saw these items called Milk Cakes. They looked really interesting and never before did I hear of such a cake so I did an impulse thing and thought “I will buy the cake” so I said that to the woman serving because it was quiet (silent!) in the shop and I needed to stop the silence so we weren’t worried any more (awkward for me and the woman). So far so good. Then though as we was making the payment I thought twice. The cake looked nothing. It looked a rip off actually but I felt it was too late. It would have made me seem really offish if I said “no I’m not buying it” so I had to buy it and it wasn’t very nice. Well, it wasn’t horrible but it was just nothingness really!

I'm puzzled !!!!! :huh:

I genuinely wish you the very best of luck with this thread.

Where's Zamo when you need him? :D