Shops – when to turn round and just say no (cancelling the transaction

OK. Thank you for them suggestions so far and here are my responses to your advice.

Cyclone you say that and I think I agree but when its really happening to you its no as easy as 1-2-3 as they say is it? How would I jerk her into my new way of thinking (sort of thing?) e.g. by shouting "STOP I DON'T WANT IT!". It's weird. I didn't buy the cake just to stop the silence but it did contribute to what I did. I liked the name of the cake and was a bit surprised by it. 2 add 2 made 4.

Barley Korn it is because I thought I'd buy a cake for my auntie who lived nearby but in the end I didn't get her a cake because I'd spent my money on that rubbish.

Thank you

OK. Thank you for them suggestions so far and here are my responses to your advice.

Cyclone you say that and I think I agree but when its really happening to you its no as easy as 1-2-3 as they say is it? How would I jerk her into my new way of thinking (sort of thing?) e.g. by shouting "STOP I DON'T WANT IT!". It's weird. I didn't buy the cake just to stop the silence but it did contribute to what I did. I liked the name of the cake and was a bit surprised by it. 2 add 2 made 4.

Barley Korn it is because I thought I'd buy a cake for my auntie who lived nearby but in the end I didn't get her a cake because I'd spent my money on that rubbish.

Thank you

You don't need to jerk her anywhere and you certainly don't need to shout. A simple 'Actually I've changed my mind, can I have one of xxxx instead please' would suffice.

jb

I wouldn't humiliate her by giving her such garbage. Seriously, this cakes was just nothing. How could they be sold?

So you went in looking to buy your aunt a cake but then saw these milk cakes and thought sod my aunt I'm buying these for me.

Which statement is correct?

Both. They did LOOK interesting and that's the key word LOOK. LOOK LOOK LOOK.

But when she handed it to me I knew right away that it was nothing. It weighed nothing. It was rubbish and guess what? £2.40!!! Conned I was.

Oh and I never thought SOD her!!! That's not the kind of person I am actually.

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 15:55 ----------

So you went in looking to buy your aunt a cake but then saw these milk cakes and thought sod my aunt I'm buying these for me.

Well that's the thing. Both things were impulse things. My Auntie wasn't expecting nothing but on a wimm I decided to buy her a cake to cheer her up (don't ask!). But like I said earlier the cake and its name looked and sounded so interesting that I thought I'll get her a present some other day maybe. In the end we all lost (but at least my auntie didn't know she lost, if you see what I mean). The winner was the woman what stole my money!

Edited by ohmyword
I realised there was something else I needed to say.

So you decided that they were rubbish based on them not weighing very much? And then decided to eat it yourself instead of giving it to your aunt? And then decided that it was the fault of the shop for selling it, not your fault for buying something just to break the silence?