Does marriage matter?

Obviously the sensible thing to do if getting divorced is not to go to court. Many don't get that far and they agree through negotiations at vast expense, lining the pockets of lawyers. Court proceedings are even worse and they end up costing even more.

Still your ex's though and they appear to get on with you now that they are your ex's. mmmmm

Quite personal attempts at observations.. for someone that has never met me and knows nothing about me, and a sly personal attack. Always the recourse of those with little of merit to say on a subject.

Now show me where what I said about divorce being more financially punishing for men than women, or that women end up being better off than men after a divorce, is not generally true in the UK or similar democracies.

---------- Post added 28-10-2014 at 18:03 ----------

I suspect that perhaps she did not choose to involve the courts.

If only that was the same for all couples or even just a lot more.

You still are only mentioning only one couple though.

And neither did he. Obviously. Why would they either do that, when the most likely answer would be 50/50.

That's because I only know 1 couple that are divorced.

Edited by Cyclone

Still your ex's though and they appear to get on with you now that they are your ex's. mmmmm

You find that difficult to comprehend?

Quite personal attempts at observations.. for someone that has never met me and knows nothing about me, and a sly personal attack. Always the recourse of those with little of merit to say on a subject.

I'm making observations based on personal opinions, I don't need to meet you. I'm concluding you have real relationship issues as well as those having issues with you..but that's another side to a story we won't know, unless you invite her to the discussion.

Now show me where what I said about divorce being more financially punishing for men than women, or that women end up being better off than men after a divorce, is not generally true in the UK or similar democracies.

I never made a claim you made the above claim (strawman)

The fact you've put forward a request for me to provide evidence of something I've not claimed speaks volumes...paranoia maybe.

I'm making observations based on personal opinions, I don't need to meet you. I'm concluding you have real relationship issues as well as those having issues with you..but that's another side to a story we won't know, unless you invite her to the discussion.

I never made a claim you made the above claim (strawman)

The fact you've put forward a request for me to provide evidence of something I've not claimed speaks volumes...paranoia maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommo68 viewpost.gif

Leaping to conclusions about people as you appear to do. I have no difficulty in comprehending that your ex's get on better with you noe that they are ex partners. No difficulty at all.

Quote:

As we are being personal, from my observations your observation skills need work. As for your conclusions being made based on no evidence speaks volumes about yourself, not me as you might hope.

Quote:

I never made a claim you made the above claim

And yet you tried to refute it with one rather weak example

(strawman)

Run out of anything constructive to say again have you , hence the childish attempt at an insult.

The fact you've put forward a request for me to provide evidence of something I've not claimed speaks volumes

No its the fact that you try to refute something with one example and in your confusion you try to deny that you are doing it.

I would not be so worried about your preceptions of me in your place I'd more concerned about keeping track of what you have been saying

...paranoia maybe.

Paranoia: Is this another petty insult or is the sometimes employed tactic of trying to disecredit someone because you have no counter to what they said. Very sad really and so transparent to those that can see.

This is a discussion board can we please stick to topics rather than misconceived personal judgements and petty attacks before the moderators get upset?.