Tebbit says young unemployed should pull weeds for benefits.

Well they inherited one of the strongest economies possible and left it in a complete mess. It always takes the Tories to sort out Labour's mess. Always.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 22:12 ----------

Oh yes love it. But then again so did Prescott. Ours are slightly better looking though. er hang on John Major and Edwina - not our finest hour. At least they kept it quiet for a while

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 22:12 ----------

Good point well made

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 22:17 ----------

I disagree, he seems to have either built a business or inherited a business providing housing for people and charging rent for it. I cant be bothered to investigate exactly how. He does seem to have a knack for it.

I don't understand if you think he is a superscrounger because you think he lives off the state but pays tax and employs people then surely someone else who lives off the state but pays no tax and helps no one into employment and contributes nothing, must be a scrounger? Surely?

(This is not my view)

The imagination runs wild doesn't it?

erm... Hand me downs are clothes - I had them as a child, my children have them. We don't visit food banks as a family, but they are there presumably for people who cant claim benefits - illegal immigrants and people who have missed appointments for claiming dole. Many social houses include heating. Being unable to afford your mortgage payments because you stretched yourself too far is hardly poverty.

Ok I accept there are people who fall through the cracks and it would be a joy if this did not happen, but no system is perfect. Those claiming benefits are not in absolute poverty.

More people in full time work are having to rely on food banks. Many people have fallen behind on mortgage payments because their wages have not increased in line with the cost of living, therefore plunging them into poverty.

How many times do we here about pensioners having to chose between heating their homes or buying food? If this isn't living in poverty, I don't know what is!

Because he was one of the senior members of a government that turned around the basket case that Britain was.

Was? This country is in more of a mess now than it ever has been. I'm not saying it's just down to the Tory government, labour ate to blame too. All the parties serve the corporate interests of large corporations before the general public.

More people in full time work are having to rely on food banks. Many people have fallen behind on mortgage payments because their wages have not increased in line with the cost of living, therefore plunging them into poverty.

How many times do we here about pensioners having to chose between heating their homes or buying food? If this isn't living in poverty, I don't know what is!

Do we have evidence of this? Or is it just anecdotal?

Those three would be great. Cameron and Nick are bit bland - not much to go at, but Red Ed as Grommit would be a goody

You really think UKIP would be great? A party funded by 1 millionaire with a public schooled ex tory as their leader?! Not my idea of a fair representative of the people!

You really think UKIP would be great? A party funded by 1 millionaire with a public schooled ex tory as their leader?! Not my idea of a fair representative of the people!

Eh? I think he'd make a good Spitting Image caricature. I don't think I'd like to see him do well at the next election though. I wouldn't hold his education against him though. I tend not to, I take people at face value and use neither snobbery nor inverted.

In fact I find it quite offensive that you do discriminate against people because of their social class, education or background.