Tebbit says young unemployed should pull weeds for benefits.

On Friday Mr Cameron pledged a further £52m in UK aid for victims of the civil war in Syria, taking the UK's total spending on aid for Syria and neighbouring states to £400m. Charity begins at home. People are upset about the unemployed in your own country. Why not keep the 400m In the UK? This is still happening today! Why are we sending our hard earned cash to other countries when our own is falling on their knees with no help?.

So despite the evidence which shows that unemployment is bad for your health, and that working is good for your health, you would prefer to see people unemployed rather than working.

Sending out to work those severely ill people who failed their Atos assessment and died as a result, wasn't good for their health

On Friday Mr Cameron pledged a further £52m in UK aid for victims of the civil war in Syria, taking the UK's total spending on aid for Syria and neighbouring states to £400m. Charity begins at home. People are upset about the unemployed in your own country. Why not keep the 400m In the UK? This is still happening today! Why are we sending our hard earned cash to other countries when our own is falling on their knees with no help?.

Because it's good for business. Why do you think we spend billions on wars in the Middle East in the first place? It not down to humanitarian aid, otherwise we'd be in and out of Africa too.

Just making it clear that for the vast majority the safety net is a temporary thing, they use, they find a new job, they carry on with life.

The amount spent on JSA is really very small. So why the desire to punish those who are claiming?

I think the intention of the idea was to target the deliberate long term unemployed. Those who are genuinely looking for work should carry on looking.

I think the intention of the idea was to target the deliberate long term unemployed. Those who are genuinely looking for work should carry on looking.

The long term unemployed need even more assistance in looking for work, not just tossing on a pile of weed pulling convicts and forgetting about.

It's probably not worth the effort then, the number of long term unemployed is actually really low.

It's probably not worth the effort then, the number of long term unemployed is actually really low.

Only if you consider 800,000 to be a low number.

17 July 2013

Around 915,000 Britons have now been unemployed for a year or more,

Mar 19, 2014

Youth and long-term unemployment both fell, with those out of work for over a year down by 38,000 to 828,000,

Only if you consider 800,000 to be a low number.

17 July 2013

Around 915,000 Britons have now been unemployed for a year or more,

Mar 19, 2014

Youth and long-term unemployment both fell, with those out of work for over a year down by 38,000 to 828,000,

800,000? I'm no good at maths, but isn't that about 1.25% if our population is roughly 64,000,000?

Doesn't seem like cause for any drastic measures to me?!