Harry Roberts to be freed

I believe life should mean life.

I someone takes a persons life in anything other than self defence then they should forfeit theirs, and as we no longer have capital punishment in this country then life should mean life.

After all, the person they have killed, will never have a second chance.

Why does the Home Secretary strongly believe people who murder regular civilians should receive lighter sentences that people who murder police officers?

Home Secretary Theresa May said she strongly believed police murderers should be behind bars for life.

Do you agree with her view?

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 22:35 ----------

Obviously his crimes are appalling but if he'd killed civilians then he wouldn't have served anything like that. In that context I find the "slap in the face for the families" a bit odd.

Maybe civilian families that see their loved ones killers out after 10 or so years don't mind being slapped in the face?

Agreed. It's more like a slap in the face for the families of murdered (non-police) civilians.

Edited by Waldo

Why does the Home Secretary strongly believe people who murder regular civilians should receive lighter sentences that people who murder police officers?

Do you agree with her view?

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 22:35 ----------

Agreed. It's more like a slap in the face for the families of murdered (non-police) civilians.

I think I agree with you, with the exception that police actually put themselves in harms way to protect the rest of us. So perhaps the added deterent of extra punishment is necessary.

I was alluding to the attitude Roberts portrayed in the article, not the posters attitude.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 21:33 ----------

If they had and they were showing the same propensity towards violence as Roberts has would you?

Too many 'if''s there for me to get involved mate.