UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU

Hopefully, the ConDems will not miss this gold-plated solid platinum opportunity to give each of Juncker, Hollande, Merkel and Farage a black eye in one fell swoop. One can but hope...

Surely it is stories like this that have pro European Unionists pulling their hair out and the anti EU parties laughing and pointing.
Only the feeble-minded ones ;)

We need to put it in perspective.

Think of it as paying approximately £10,000 for each of the 200,000 Roma we have received in return to enhance our culture and boost our economy... a bargain surely?

If only we'd only had to contribute 10k for each one :(

That's international politics for you. Remember when they stitched up Blair on the EU rebate?

And there was me thinking that you were all for the rich having to pay more.

Britain earns more than expected so is being taxed more. Surely you'd have thought that acceptable given your previous comments. Or is it a case of the boot on your foot now and you suddenly don't like the idea?

According to Nigel Farage, the reason the UK economy has performed better than expected in recent years is that the EU have included the "black economy" in their calculations. This means basically the drug trade!!

It also of course includes prostitution and those working on the fiddle whilst claiming benefits.

So very true - I think the EU accounts have only been signed off as accurate a couple of times. I am open to correction, of course.

I don't think it was as much as that.

Just a thought, couldn't the govt. print a bit more QE and send that?