Sad News-Former Ku Klux Klan Leader Dies

It doesn't sound like either of you read the OP properly or followed the link. BoyFriday could have given a little more info though, explaining that the former KKK leader had become an anti-racism advocate

The omission was quite intentional RootsBooster ;)

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 13:01 ----------

There's a lesson for certain posters on here.

There is indeed-dont point grubby fingers at anybody ;)

By condescending him and really putting over just how right on and angry he is about it all?

No?

Not really.

Faced with potential violence from not one but many meatheads you can either respond with violence or totally confuse them by defusing with something a racist meathead just doesn't have the capacity for..out of the box thinking. Or do you think Wade should have responded with like for like?

Not really.

Faced with potential violence from not one but many meatheads you can either respond with violence or totally confuse them by defusing with something a racist meathead just doesn't have the capacity for..out of the box thinking. Or do you think Wade should have responded with like for like?

Some of the 'racists' on here are not even in the same ball park in terms of ingrained beliefs or propensity for violence that Wade had to deal with. Nowhere near. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Some of the 'racists' on here are not even in the same ball park in terms of ingrained beliefs or propensity for violence that Wade had to deal with. Nowhere near. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Not sure what my point is?

You said, as follows.. Wades intention was to condescend because he is "right on"?

By condescending him and really putting over just how right on and angry he is about it all?

No?

I gather you think the KKK were waving Roses in the mans face rather than physically threatening him and burning down his church? Rather than retaliate with equal violence he used confusion. My point was confusion for a racist is like kryptonite for Clark Kent.

If you say to me I'm going to rape your daughter as a threat, me telling you that it's against the law would most likely have no effect. Me offering you a condom would most likely get you to lift your knuckles from the floor to enable you to scratch your head in bewilderment. In the meantime I've got away to protect my daughter.:hihi:

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 17:27 ----------

Point to a post which substantiates this?

I was sarcastically comparing Wades approach to the condescending approach of many on here. Yourself included.

You don't appear to have learned much from the relationship that developed between Watts and Clary.