Is it acceptable for non Muslims to wear burkas?

Plenty to go round as i buy in bulk in readiness for any thread that mentions Muslims/Islam/Burka or Immigration ,as you can always guarantee the Lefties will turn up to play the race card .

They do play it a lot ive noticed lol. But on the flip side so does everyone to a degree. Example being your comment about the lefties playing the race card, i mean, isnt that sort of playing the race card first? A pre-emptive strike almost?

Actually, sod all that. I want some popcorn.

I HATE LEFTIES!!

I HATE MUSLIMS!

BURKAS ARE OPPRESSIVE! :lol:

I don't find it acceptable for anybody to wear a burka.......... Muslim or not.

And funnily enough, i don't find it acceptable that folks cannot wear what the heck they like, provided no obscenity laws are broken.

Folk should be free to choose how much or how little to cover themselves, obscenity laws excepting. Polo -neck? V- neck? Their choice. Shorts or long trousers? Their choice. Mini skirt or maxi skirt? Their choice. Bikini or burkha? Their choice. Nothing more to be said.

Plenty to go round as i buy in bulk in readiness for any thread that mentions Muslims/Islam/Burka or Immigration ,as you can always guarantee the Lefties will turn up to play the race card .

But they didn't though Penistone, did they? The erroneous use of the 'race card' is more often played by those who complain about its application-it's becoming the stuff of urban legend akin to Lord Lucan, Shergar and Area 51.

For the sake of the thread, of course it's completely acceptable for non Muslims to wear a burka, in fact my own partner often slinks around in one, cut to mid-thigh with stockings and suspenders to complete the raunchy ensemble...and then people wonder why I won't allow her out of the house, although it's not surprising since I'm not a leftie.

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 16:48 ----------

They do play it a lot ive noticed lol. But on the flip side so does everyone to a degree. Example being your comment about the lefties playing the race card, i mean, isnt that sort of playing the race card first? A pre-emptive strike almost?

Actually, sod all that. I want some popcorn.

I HATE LEFTIES!!

I HATE MUSLIMS!

BURKAS ARE OPPRESSIVE! :lol:

You got there first :thumbsup:

But they didn't though Penistone, did they? The erroneous use of the 'race card' is more often played by those who complain about its application-it's becoming the stuff of urban legend akin to Lord Lucan, Shergar and Area 51.

For the sake of the thread, of course it's completely acceptable for non Muslims to wear a burka, in fact my own partner often slinks around in one, cut to mid-thigh with stockings and suspenders to complete the raunchy ensemble...and then people wonder why I won't allow her out of the house, although it's not surprising since I'm not a leftie.

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 16:48 ----------

You got there first :thumbsup:

I cant take the credit im afraid. I got there second :(

And funnily enough, i don't find it acceptable that folks cannot wear what the heck they like, provided no obscenity laws are broken.

Folk should be free to choose how much or how little to cover themselves, obscenity laws excepting. Polo -neck? V- neck? Their choice. Shorts or long trousers? Their choice. Mini skirt or maxi skirt? Their choice. Bikini or burkha? Their choice. Nothing more to be said.

I think the issue people have with the burkha is that of choice. The culture demands this and therefore it won't be choice for a large number of people.

Should the rights of citizens be slightly curtailed to protect a significant number of vulnerable people? Many would say yes.

As it stands it is lawful for anyone to wear a burkha so I guess non muslims can wear it too.

This has nothing to do with freedom of religion or wearing whatever you like. The point being made in the film is that this garment should be banned on grounds of security. They talked of people having to remove motor cycle helmets to enter banks and other financial institutes and yet people wearing burqas do not. The analogy of wearing a bikini, shorts or anything else is flawed because they do not disguise the person in the way that this garment does. It is banned in some Islamic countries and should be banned in all Western countries. The Quran has no requirement that women cover their faces with a veil, or cover their bodies with the full-body burqua or chador.The Islamic terrorist threat is ever present and the security services have enough problems without allowing these terrorist to wander around unseen. The garb has already been used in serious criminal offences and will be again because our leaders are too indecisive to ban it.

I think the issue people have with the burkha is that of choice. The culture demands this and therefore it won't be choice for a large number of people.

Should the rights of citizens be slightly curtailed to protect a significant number of vulnerable people? Many would say yes.

As it stands it is lawful for anyone to wear a burkha so I guess non muslims can wear it too.

Nobody in this country can be forced to wear a burqa and in fact, I suspect, very few are. Even in Iran, where they were forced upon women for quite some time, things have started to change, with Iranian women increasingly defying the pathetic reasoning that the extremist Muslims attach to it.

The only places that still require burqas to be worn are Saudi and parts of Afghanistan. In fact, as a proportion of Islamic countries it is a small fraction of the total Islamic population having to wear a Burqa.

Is it acceptable for non-muslims to wear burqas? Sure why not.