Is it acceptable for non Muslims to wear burkas?

I'm totally aware of burqas as I am of CCTV, I'm just not so rabidly anal as to run around screaming both as a mutuality. Get laid, enjoy, r-e-l-a-x.

Or start a ban movement.

Your inability to construct a logical argument which would be interesting and provide some enlightenment on a subject is painful.

It is apparent that your intellectual abilities know no beginning.

Unless you can actually come up with an opinion which might add to the debate why don't you leave it to the grown ups?

we need

We can Not See Your Face!!!!!

That's the point, one set of morons saying I need you not to show your face, and another set of morons saying we need to see your face.

With needy males like yourself, women must feel all snuggly, and should damn well

Agree. The burka isn't a religious garment. Its nothing more than a fashion statement.
Fashion statement? Only if the statement is a form of rebellion against disapproval, for example a defiance against Western conformity.

Which to those independent women who have made the decision to wear the burka without any male coercion to do so, it would be more of a political /feminist statement.

Having said that, I know there are some Muslim women (perhaps only a small minority) who have decided to continue wearing the burka simply because its what they've been accustomed to in the country they originate from, and they just don't see any reason to stop doing so.

Edited by janie48

Fashion statement? Only if the statement is a form of rebellion against disapproval, for example a defiance against Western conformity.

Which to those independent women who have made the decision to wear the burka without any male coercion to do so, it would be more of a political /feminist statement.

Having said that, I know there are some Muslim women (perhaps only a small minority) who have decided to continue wearing the burka simply because its what they've been accustomed to in the country they originate from, and they just don't see any reason to stop doing so.

My Kid goes to school. The school says this is what you MUST wear. Simple. ! No if or buts . Do it or don’t come to school!. The burka is the same as a kid With pink hair. It has nothing to do with religion.

Your inability to construct a logical argument which would be interesting and provide some enlightenment on a subject is painful.

It is apparent that your intellectual abilities know no beginning.

Unless you can actually come up with an opinion which might add to the debate why don't you leave it to the grown ups?

I think that everyone who has opposed his views have now been insulted.

By the way, been at work 9 hours and CCTV not been one bit of bloody use.

Good night.

We have already been through this ,and you made yourself look a complete fool last time, but fools never learn, so here we go again.

'Keeping your head down' does not equate to totally concealing your identity by wearing a complete face covering.

Think about it, yes I know, it makes your head hurt but give it a try.

Wearing a hoodie is not the same as having your face completely concealed.

Again, hard for you to comprehend ,I understand but still, give it a go. :)

And there are no other items, motorcycle helmets, balaclava's, clown masks, sunglasses, skiing googles, snoods, etc, that might achieve the same effect. Because in the UK all the things I just listed are illegal.

Oh, wait. No they're not. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 07:22 ----------

Then we need to lead by example from the French. Remove the burka or go home.!

Where would you propose to send a British Muslim home?

And why single out this one garment to be made illegal?

And there are no other items, motorcycle helmets, balaclava's, clown masks, sunglasses, skiing googles, snoods, etc, that might achieve the same effect. Because in the UK all the things I just listed are illegal.

Oh, wait. No they're not. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 07:22 ----------

Where would you propose to send a British Muslim home?

And why single out this one garment to be made illegal?

No one as said they are banned.

I think the people asking for the wearing of a burka whilst out in public to be banned are also asking for all face concealment to be banned in public.

No one as said they are banned.

I think the people asking for the wearing of a burka whilst out in public to be banned are also asking for all face concealment to be banned in public.

You need to look again (and I think you mean "should be" not "are").

Then we need to lead by example from the French.

The post I replied to.

What example do you think the French have set regarding the burka?

And as far as I can see, nobody has argued that covering your face in public should be illegal, because there are so many caveats about when it might be reasonable to do so.

Given the prevalence of the burka in crime (practically none existent) this argument is clearly spurious anyway. It would make more sense (in terms of crime) to ban the sale of the balaclava, but nobody suggests that.