Is it acceptable for non Muslims to wear burkas?

garbage ,you know full well what that stupid cover stands for and its got nothing to do with freedom ,

I want to hear you argue for men having their right to sexual enjoyment removed(FGM), men denied to drive, men denied the freedom to leave their houses without female chaperone or female permission, men forced to wear burkas and told god willed their face not be seen in public for fear of punishment, men not be given positions of public governmental judicial responsibility or power, men not educated, men not allowed to work if their woman says so, men punished if they are sexually assaulted, all men should be made to wear a burka when in public or else be punished by god, female family members or the judicial/religious system of the land.

Let’s hear you support the notion of these human rights standards being abused and denied to men! The hideous burka is a male belief/cultural construct that has no place in the world.

Thanks for your insightful observations on why (some) Muslim women wear the burka jc, you must be particularly close to this community. For my own part I don't know why they wear it because I don't know any burka wearers.

Incidentally, I cant recall you answering my previous question-how will criminalising female burka wearers change the misogynistic/abusive behaviour of the men you refer to?

You must feel really sorry for these lads, their wives have sent them out in frocks.

I'm not asking for evidence L00b, quite simply I don't know the answer, I'm trying to find out whether johncocker's view would be different if he discovered the majority of women wore the burka by choice.

you still havn't answered my oringinal question on the reasons why a woman would wear a burka in the first place apart fro your usual deflectionary tatics,

I don't know I've never asked one ,pathetic ffs:hihi::hihi:

Incidentally, I cant recall you answering my previous question-how will criminalising female burka wearers change the misogynistic/abusive behaviour of the men you refer to?

There is no need to criminalise the burka wearer, Children aren't criminalised for not wearing the correct uniform, or for taking time of school to go on holiday, but parents are, do the same with the burka, if the wearer is married charge the husband, if not charge the father, if they have neither charge the wearer for being an extremist.

you still havn't answered my oringinal question on the reasons why a woman would wear a burka in the first place apart fro your usual deflectionary tatics,

I don't know I've never asked one ,pathetic ffs:hihi::hihi:

I did answer, I said I'd no idea why a woman would wear a burka, personally I don't like the garment, but I don't like fake tits either but I've no reason to advocate banning them because of a suspicion that a woman might have been co-erced into surgery by a domineering partner.

Boyfriday.

I know it's gone on a bit but if you had been paying attention you would know, now sit up at the back.

I have several objections to burkas being worn in this country.

1, They conflict with our cultural norm of not concealing our identity ( other than in temporary understandable circumstances. )

2, There is no religious demand or reason for them being worn.

Therefore it is only on the whim of the people concerned that they exist here. A whim should not outweigh the customs of the country, in fact it is downright rude and inconsiderate for it to happen.

3, Unless Muslim women are completely different to virtually all other women - who normally like to dress smartly and show some individuality - then I strongly believe that they ( or at least some of them ) are being coerced into wearing them by their misogynist male relatives.

If I'm correct on this it means that we are colluding in abuse by allowing them to be worn.

4, This is the relevant one. I firmly believe that the authorities would not allow the general public enmasse to decide to conceal their faces permanently in public.

This makes it discriminatory in favour of a small minority and against the general population.

There are posters that disagree and believe that if we all did decide to go everywhere in disguise the government would not respond in any way and would accept the situation passively.

I disagree with that view.

There is no need to criminalise the burka wearer, Children aren't criminalised for not wearing the correct uniform, or for taking time of school to go on holiday, but parents are, do the same with the burka, if the wearer is married charge the husband, if not charge the father, if they have neither charge the wearer for being an extremist.

Logically if the state bans something there have to be consequences for non compliance, you can't prosecute an adult for what another adult wears.

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 14:25 ----------

Boyfriday.

I know it's gone on a bit but if you had been paying attention you would know, now sit up at the back.

I have several objections to burkas being worn in this county.

1, They conflict with our cultural norm of not concealing our identity ( other than in temporary understandable circumstances. )

2, There is no religious demand or reason for them being worn.

Therefore it is only on the whim of the people concerned that they exist here. A whim should not outweigh the customs of the country, in fact it is downright rude and inconsiderate for it to happen.

3, Unless Muslim women are completely different to virtually all other women - who normally like to dress smartly and show some individuality - then I strongly believe that they ( or at least some of them ) are being coerced into wearing them by their misogynist male relatives.

If I'm correct on this it means that we are colluding in abuse by allowing them to be worn.

4, This is the relevant one. I firmly believe that the authorities would not allow the general public enmasse to decide to conceal their faces permanently in public.

This makes it discriminatory in favour of a small minority and against the general population.

There are posters that disagree and believe that if we all did decide to go everywhere in disguise the government would not respond in any way and would accept the situation passively.

I disagree with that view.

The pre-eminent 'cultural norm' is the freedom of British citizens to wear whatever they choose to within a wide parameter of options.

Logically if the state bans something there have to be consequences for non compliance.

There will be consequences, either the husband, father or the wearer will be charged.

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 14:27 ----------

The pre-eminent 'cultural norm' is the freedom of British citizens to wear whatever they choose to within a wide parameter of options.

Banning the burka wouldn't change that because it was never include in those parameters.

There will be consequences, either the husband, father or the wearer will be charged.
I think your parents should be prosecuted for not taking your crayons off you.

Banning the burka wouldn't change that because it was never include in those parameters.

The options were never prescriptive, that's the point.

I did answer, I said I'd no idea why a woman would wear a burka, personally I don't like the garment, but I don't like fake tits either but I've no reason to advocate banning them because of a suspicion that a woman might have been co-erced into surgery by a domineering partner.

to tell you the truth I think you're the sort of bloke that does like fake tits :suspect:

under a burka that is.

to tell you the truth I think you're the sort of bloke that does like fake tits :suspect:

under a burka that is.

Thats the difference between you and me jc, I dont care what they're under...as long as they're real.

Please dont tell me you compel your wife to wear clear heels and ankle chains ;)