Is it acceptable for non Muslims to wear burkas?

From reading the thread it appears to me that mjw47 has put forward viable reasons so support his views and the thread has just generated into arguing for arguments sake.

His reasons are pathetically weak, see my response above.

This is a very weak argument. So what? Reasonable people can cope with that, no bother

]So the people of France, Belgium, Syria Turkey, Tunisia, Italy The Netherlands are not reasonable? Arrogant piece of work aren't you?[

Again, a big 'So what?' It's certainly a reason to ban them. If people want to wear them, let them wear them.

I agree, it's a reason to ban them, The point is that the only reason that they can impose this ridiculous garment on anyone is by playing the religious card which is proven nonsense.

This is just laughable made up rubbish.

In your opinion, but the problem is that I've seen your posts on here before, and you are quite obviously a narcissistic WUM so your opinion means bugger all :)

This is drivel. 'Normally like to dress smartly' is patronising nonsense.

No it's an observational fact which maybe you don't get as you are too self absorbed to appreciate what is going on around you.

You're not correct.

Unless you can provide conclusive proof that all Muslim women wearing the burqa are doing so of their own free will, then I am correct, logic not a strong point of yours is it?

Err, so what? That's not going to happen is it? So why the panic?

Irrelevant, something is either right or wrong it doesn't matter whether it happens or not, again, you are not too good at figuring things out are you?

Utterly meaningless.

Only to someone who has difficulty in understanding the meaning of right and wrong.

Which is easy since no-one but you has proposed that view except you.

Leaving aside the tautology in your clumsy reply, both cyclone and monkey have stated that if the people of this country suddenly decided to walk about in disguise the government would allow it, Your not too good at this are you? :)

And all four were pathetic.

In your view but you may have gathered by now exactly what I think of your view, inconsequential if you haven't figured it out.

No, but they all total non reasons.

Once again in your opinion which frankly is laughable.

Then you have really faulty reasoning. Who is harmed by women wearing the burka? No - one. What risk or danger is there that merits removing people's freedom to dress how they wish? None.

The women who are being forced to wear it against their will? Unless of course you can prove without doubt that all of them are happy to do so, but you can't can you? So, as usual you are talking garbage.

You replied something to the effect that it is the British norm to wear what you like.

It isn't illegal to wear any of those items, nor can a person be compelled by law to remove them. In places where identity needs to be established it's reasonable to ask a burka clad woman to show her face. Their is no need to change the law.

Where exactly did I say that it was illegal to wear any of those items? I didn't did I ,so what's your point?

The point that I was making was that there are many instances in this country where a dress code is imposed and that the idea that we walk about everywhere wearing what we want is nonsense.

As for compelling people, you can be denied access to many establishments for turning up wearing the wrong form of clothing, so not quite the eqalitarian society some would like to make outis it?

So what?

So many civilized democratic societies agree with my view that the garment is objectionable in an equal society, and the ECHR has agreed with that view, obviously in your own inflated opinion of yourself, you know better.

I have and they carry no weight whatsoever.

To someone incapable of rationality very possibly.

Firstly, unless you are claiming that other people choosing to wear a burka in imposition on you personally, you're talking tripe.

If you are claiming it's a personal imposition please explain your reasoning - I could do with a laugh.

Even if some women feel a cultural or marital pressure to wear the burka, it's clear that there are many who don't. Their right to wear what they choose shouldn't be interfered with.

If your interest is in women's rights, which it clearly isn't, trying to target and criminalise a group of women for what they wear is an asinine way to go about it.

Again, no ability to think rationally, where did I say that it was an imposition on me personally? I implied that it was an imposition upon the country that they have chosen of their own free will to live in.

I don't need a laugh.You have already provided me with one, but perhaps you could explain your statement " it's clear that there are many who don't"

Where exactly did you obtain that information? Have you personally interviewed any of these women without their men being present to obtain their feelings? If not,how is your opinion any more relevant than mine?

Hyperbole, 'criminalise' only in as much as anyone in this country is criminalised for a parking offence.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 00:44 ----------

Oh dear, we have truly moved away from the original discussion haven't we?

So what does your 'mate' ex police officer and still in the industry have to say?

Or maybe it's just your thoughts and you are trying to bolster your theories

Once again, you imply that I am inventing something, you have been offered the opportunity to prove it and have backed off, and yet you continue with the insinuations, you need to stop it or take me up on the offer, do you understand that?

He served during the miners strike and witnessed, and imposed, the response of the government to having it's authority challenged.

People who had nothing whatsoever to do with the mining industry ran into roadblocks and had their journeys disrupted their vehicles searched and on occasion were refused permission to carry on with their lawful business.

The government prefers to govern with consent, but any challenge to it's authority will be dealt with ruthlessly.

That is common throughout the world and we are no different in that respect.

Anyone who can't see that has obviously not been paying attention. Politicians did not fight their way to the top of the greasy pole to have it taken away from them by anarchy and big business and the banks like stability, it can effect the share price and that's sacrosanct.

Edited by mjw47

Oh dear, we have truly moved away from the original discussion haven't we?

So what does your 'mate' ex police officer and still in the industry have to say?

Or maybe it's just your thoughts and you are trying to bolster your theories

Again, no ability to think rationally, where did I say that it was an imposition on me personally? I implied that it was an imposition upon the country that they have chosen of their own free will to live in.

I don't need a laugh.You have already provided me with one, but perhaps you could explain your statement " it's clear that there are many who don't"

Where exactly did you obtain that information? Have you personally interviewed any of these women without their men being present to obtain their feelings? If not,how is your opinion any more relevant than mine?

Hyperbole, 'criminalise' only in as much as anyone in this country is criminalised for a parking offence.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 00:44 ----------

Once again, you imply that I am inventing something, you have been offered the opportunity to prove it and have backed off, and yet you continue with the insinuations, you need to stop it or take me up on the offer, do you understand that?

He served during the miners strike and witnessed, and imposed, the response of the government to having it's authority challenged.

People who had nothing whatsoever to do with the mining industry ran into roadblocks and had their journeys disrupted their vehicles searched and on occasion were refused permission to carry on with their lawful business.

The government prefers to govern with consent, but any challenge to it's authority will be dealt with ruthlessly.

That is common throughout the world and we are no different in that respect.

Anyone who can't see that has obviously not been paying attention. Politicians did not fight their way to the top of the greasy pole to have it taken away from them by anarchy and big business and the banks like stability, it can effect the share price and that's sacrosanct.

Oh well! An officer that served in the miners strike, I'll be down straight away. For a kicking!

How is it an imposition? Who is inconvenienced or endangered by women wearing a burka?

There are many accounts available from women who choose to wear the burka explaining why they do so.

It's very easy to find accounts from women who choose to wear the burka, go and read some. Educate yourself.