Boy racers congregating at Morrisons Catcliffe

I'm confused now.

That's a shame.

Are they using the highway or the car park?

The car park is the public highway. As are the access roads to the filling station and the public road nearby.

If they are using the highway

Ie the car park.

then as long as they drive within the rules

Which some of them are not - hence peoples justifiable annoyance.

I don't actually see any problem. If they are driving dangerously then you should report them to the Police. Have you actually done this?

It's irrelevant if I have done that or not, so please less of the tu quoque

They were probably meeting there as the Posty Cruise had to be cancelled at the last minute, lots of people travel long distances to go to the Posty, they meet up, admire each others cars and 99% of them are pretty good folk. They'll have been an having an small meet to make up for the cancellation of the organised event.

It's irrelevant if I have done that or not, so please less of the tu quoque

You've got me there. Care to explain what this means?

Edit: I've just looked it up; fascinating stuff, thank you for broadening my mind a little. However, I do not think it is irrelevant as if you witness somebody endangering another person then I really hope you would report them to the necessary authorities. My question still stands.

---------- Post added 27-10-2014 at 12:20 ----------

They were probably meeting there as the Posty Cruise had to be cancelled at the last minute, lots of people travel long distances to go to the Posty, they meet up, admire each others cars and 99% of them are pretty good folk. They'll have been an having an small meet to make up for the cancellation of the organised event.

Unfortunately some people on here don't like people enjoying themselves. Especially if they're young people.

Edited by Goon

You've got me there. Care to explain what this means?

Edit: I've just looked it up; fascinating stuff, thank you for broadening my mind a little. However, I do not think it is irrelevant as if you witness somebody endangering another person then I really hope you would report them to the necessary authorities. My question still stands.

---------- Post added 27-10-2014 at 12:20 ----------

Unfortunately some people on here don't like people enjoying themselves. Especially if they're young people.

Your question was clearly posed as an attempt to deflect criticism from your postings. As such it is irrelevant to the points I've raised, which I note you haven't addressed.

Your question was clearly posed as an attempt to deflect criticism from your postings. As such it is irrelevant to the points I've raised, which I note you haven't addressed.

Well let me clear things up for you. as I have already mentioned, if these people are not hurting anybody then what exactly is the problem? As far as I am aware, the car park is the property of Morrissons so if they decide to use it when Morrissons is shut then I don't understand why you have a problem with that. It is surely down to whether Morrissons mind them using the car park. I don't understand what you would want to use it for out of hours but that is really none of my business.

Now, they are entitled to use the public highway just as much as anybody else as long as they act within the rules of the highway. This brings me to the point I made; if they are not breaking any rules then I don't see what your problem is. If they are breaking rules then I consider you duty-bound to report this.

I hope this makes things clear for you.

Well let me clear things up for you. as I have already mentioned, if these people are not hurting anybody then what exactly is the problem? As far as I am aware, the car park is the property of Morrissons so if they decide to use it when Morrissons is shut then I don't understand why you have a problem with that. It is surely down to whether Morrissons mind them using the car park. I don't understand what you would want to use it for out of hours but that is really none of my business.

Now, they are entitled to use the public highway just as much as anybody else as long as they act within the rules of the highway. This brings me to the point I made; if they are not breaking any rules then I don't see what your problem is. If they are breaking rules then I consider you duty-bound to report this.

I hope this makes things clear for you.

Ok let me clear up a few points for you.

You asked why people wanted to use it late at night - reason is because of the filling station.

The privately owned car park and access roads are still part of the public highway - hence the laws relating to it all apply.

People using the area as a racetrack make it dangerous for people using the filling station, which I do regularly at that time as do other people. It's also illegal to race in such a fashion on the highway. Happy?

As I was there last night I'd like to clear a few things up, I know the organisers of the event quite well and can honestly say that people's safety is of paramount concern. There were over 800 cars there last night compared with the 5 or so people that got there self stopped by the police as they left, while we (as a group) can control the events inside the car park we obviously can not control how people choose to drive as they leave, as in everyday life were all responsible for our own actions. The reason this venue was chosen is because it's far enough away from local residents so we don't cause a nuisance. If anyone would like to attend the next meet please feel free to come along and check it out for your self, your all more than welcome even if your car isn't modded.