Boy racers congregating at Morrisons Catcliffe

Where exactly can you race at the Hillsborough Morissons anyway, there's big old speed bumps in the car park every 50 feet.

only at the back of the car park.In the open section there are no speed bumps. This is where they were hurtling around top speed.

---------- Post added 27-10-2014 at 14:16 ----------

The same potential risk which is taken when the many millions of drivers get behind the wheel of a car every day and night.

Personally i think there is more potential due to the fact there are people/children in a smaller area.

Ok let me clear up a few points for you.

You asked why people wanted to use it late at night - reason is because of the filling station.

The privately owned car park and access roads are still part of the public highway - hence the laws relating to it all apply.

People using the area as a racetrack make it dangerous for people using the filling station, which I do regularly at that time as do other people. It's also illegal to race in such a fashion on the highway. Happy?

People using the filling station do not need to use the car park.

If you witness people behaving dangerously on the highway then please, for the sake of those in danger, inform the relevant authorities and do it immediately. Somebody's life could be in danger, please do not ignore it.

If you are just mildly inconvenienced because you were not expecting the road to be so busy at that time then go at another time or go somewhere else. I'll repeat this once more; if the people using this area are not breaking the law or putting others' lives in danger then you have nothing to complain about.

People using the filling station do not need to use the car park.

If you witness people behaving dangerously on the highway then please, for the sake of those in danger, inform the relevant authorities and do it immediately. Somebody's life could be in danger, please do not ignore it.

If you are just mildly inconvenienced because you were not expecting the road to be so busy at that time then go at another time or go somewhere else. I'll repeat this once more; if the people using this area are not breaking the law or putting others' lives in danger then you have nothing to complain about.

I never said they did need to use the car park did I? Sheesh... :roll:

People attending a meet like this expect it to be safe. They dont expect morons to be burning up the car park.

People walking across the car park dont expect to have to dodge cars

People attending the filling station dont expect to have to dodge people blasting up and down teh access roads.

People driving on the public roads certainly dont expect to find people wrongsiding on the roundabouts.

Is that just "minor inconvenience"? I think not - so please stop trying to defend the indefensible and find out your facts first.

All of this happened last night to my dismay and I expect to the dismay of the event organisers.

In relation to your insistence about calling the police I refer you to https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

As I was there last night I'd like to clear a few things up, I know the organisers of the event quite well and can honestly say that people's safety is of paramount concern. There were over 800 cars there last night compared with the 5 or so people that got there self stopped by the police as they left, while we (as a group) can control the events inside the car park we obviously can not control how people choose to drive as they leave, as in everyday life were all responsible for our own actions. The reason this venue was chosen is because it's far enough away from local residents so we don't cause a nuisance. If anyone would like to attend the next meet please feel free to come along and check it out for your self, your all more than welcome even if your car isn't modded.

You're an example of the type of person present at these events; level-headed, responsible and friendly. Unfortunately, due to one or two miscreants in your ranks the public's image of you is not too favourable. There are also those who take delight in finding fault with everything you do. I put this down to jealousy on their part.

As I've mentioned previously, although what you do is certainly not my thing, I was pleasantly surprised when I encountered a group of you one night. Good luck to you.

Let me clarify a few things.

I was the one who started the post and I am a resident of Catcliffe.

First of all the event did not cause the residents any bother at all. In fact when I went to get petrol I was more than tempted to stay and look myself. However I had to take the wife to work. It was only a small minority who were numptys.

As I was driving upto the round about to go along Europa link there was a corsa dolled up right up my arse revving his engine trying to intimidate. Which did not not bother me to be honest but I'm sure others it may.

The event looked really good and unless it becomes a nuisance to local residents I'm fine with it

I never said they did need to use the car park did I? Sheesh... :roll:

Then why talk about the car park in the first place?

People attending a meet like this expect it to be safe. They dont expect morons to be burning up the car park.

People walking across the car park dont expect to have to dodge cars

People attending the filling station dont expect to have to dodge people blasting up and down teh access roads.

People driving on the public roads certainly dont expect to find people wrongsiding on the roundabouts.

Is that just "minor inconvenience"? I think not - so please stop trying to defend the indefensible and find out your facts first.

All of this happened last night to my dismay and I expect to the dismay of the event organisers.

In relation to your insistence about calling the police I refer you to https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

So I'll take it that you witnessed some incredibly dangerous behaviour on the highway and did not report it? Well done you.

I hope nobody was hurt. If I'd witnessed such behaviour and not done the decent thing and reported it, I don't think I could live with the guilt.

Then why talk about the car park in the first place?

Because you asked how often this land was used on Sunday evenings.

So I'll take it that you witnessed some incredibly dangerous behaviour on the highway and did not report it?

You can take it how you like, but I can assure you you are inaccurate.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Well done you.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

I hope nobody was hurt. If I'd witnessed such behaviour and not done the decent thing and reported it, I don't think I could live with the guilt.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion

Because you asked how often this land was used on Sunday evenings.

You can take it how you like, but I can assure you you are inaccurate.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion

Excellent! You did call the Police then.

As for the links; grow up, it's not big and it certainly isn't clever.