Any other way to stop unwanted phone calls

I know it been said befor but i can not find the thread without getting booted off the forum,

Now im on telewest and for the past week ive had phone calls after phone calls about mobile phones offers, even tho it sounds like the same person who rings he uses a diffrent name in sure it is, asking me to confirm this and that about myself even tho i ask him first what details he has of me to confirm he carnt.

Now i got that fed up and ive already sign up with TPS back in december and the calls are still getting through. So i rang telewest up and had the caller recjetion on so who ever calls with with a withheld number can not get through or so i thought. Day2 now and still getting calls and it is nearly every 20mins that no lie, so i rang telewest back and complain to them that the rejection system was not working, only to be told that anyone that has withheld the mumber CAN still get through with a four digit coad that he also told me incase i need it for family to get in touch who too withhold number, but i was not told befor hand, So what is the point in that service that iam paying extra for that does not work in the first place.

So has anybody got any ideas apart from TPS and caller rejection that does work.. ho i tryed the polite and nasty NO as well and it still wont work and ive tryed other things too but still wont go away. :help:

Has the TPS acknowledged in writing that your number is registered with them? I registered with them via their website, and a few months later was still getting calls, so I put a complaint into TPS about the company concerned. They informed me that my number wasn't registered after all! I registered again and the calls have dropped to virtually zero. If the odd one still calls I tell them that my number is with the TPS and they shouldn't be calling it - this usually results in them hanging up pretty speedily and never calling back!

Has the TPS acknowledged in writing that your number is registered with them? I registered with them via their website, and a few months later was still getting calls, so I put a complaint into TPS about the company concerned. They informed me that my number wasn't registered after all! I registered again and the calls have dropped to virtually zero. If the odd one still calls I tell them that my number is with the TPS and they shouldn't be calling it - this usually results in them hanging up pretty speedily and never calling back!

I did not get a letter but i got a email confirm to me that all is up and running ater a couple of days has i too did it over the website. Now it did work but i thought i had to re apply has it been some months now has i thought with the calls poping up again i was thinking maybe you got to re apply affter so many months. but i got anouther email saying that im already registerd with them.

So i dont know how it works or does it only work on some phone networks has my mum on BT and she had no more call since goin onto TPS.

next time the 'cold caller' phones, get the name of the company he is working for, then threaten to report them to tps if they dont take you off their calls list, apparently they are breaking the law by phoning anyone who has registered with TPS and they soon get the message

________

Autozam

There's a website that you can register to and somehow it takes you off the register to get these calls. I did it last year and we have not recieved such a call for a long time. I really can't rememeber the sites address but i'm sure someone on here will know.

It sounds like a fishing call to me rather than a genuine company.

Report it to the police.

All i can say is that he not English and it does sound like he is in a call centre as i can hear others in background.

he always rings about the mobile network 3. Now what gets me after saying NO NO NO so many times and hanging up on them. The first call i ever got he told me about the free phone and the deal then ask me to comfirm my details, when i ask for the deatails he had on me to comfirm he got ratty, then ask me to confirm my bank details even tho i told him no way i give that over the phone when im not intersted nor do i know him. Then he did get nasty and said he never ask for any money from me or they be takeing money from me untill so many months then i hang up only to be called back to say we got cut off, then it starts again.

But the thing is how can i report it to the police if i have no number of the caller.

Hi to stop cold callers ringing you email these.

removals@teleperformance tell them your name & number & tell them you want all calls & specify the one you are getting pestered with & they will stop them.I used to get them all the time & now it's great no ringing.

Archived