Any other way to stop unwanted phone calls

Well thanks for all your advice.. I had a good idea after seeing Patrick Mcguinness tonight, and one of them came up with a brill way of getting rid of these people wile you on the phone, so give that one a try too.

But wile i been out i have had 5 missed calles and seems to be them again as it withheld. But i see what happens later tomo.

yeraknow i did state in my 1st post that ive seen this posted or els were, but every time i started to look i got booted of so that why i asked again, thanks again all of you.

• 5 years later...
I know it been said befor but i can not find the thread without getting booted off the forum,

Now im on telewest and for the past week ive had phone calls after phone calls about mobile phones offers, even tho it sounds like the same person who rings he uses a diffrent name in sure it is, asking me to confirm this and that about myself even tho i ask him first what details he has of me to confirm he carnt.

Now i got that fed up and ive already sign up with TPS back in december and the calls are still getting through. So i rang telewest up and had the caller recjetion on so who ever calls with with a withheld number can not get through or so i thought. Day2 now and still getting calls and it is nearly every 20mins that no lie, so i rang telewest back and complain to them that the rejection system was not working, only to be told that anyone that has withheld the mumber CAN still get through with a four digit coad that he also told me incase i need it for family to get in touch who too withhold number, but i was not told befor hand, So what is the point in that service that iam paying extra for that does not work in the first place.

So has anybody got any ideas apart from TPS and caller rejection that does work.. ho i tryed the polite and nasty NO as well and it still wont work and ive tryed other things too but still wont go away. :help:

Hi,

Unfortunately the TPS can only stop around 54% of the unwanted calls you may be receiving. We sell a device, (CPR All-in-One Call Blocker) which can be plugged into your landline telephone which is already pre-programmed with 200 of the most persistant callers known to the Call Prevention Registry. As soon as the device is plugged into your phone you will notice a dramatic decrease in the calls you may be receiving. The Call Blocker also has a "block now" feature, which enables you to take full control of the calls which you receive. This means you are able to block a further 100 numbers at the touch of a button.

The retail price of the device is £59.99 and can be purchased online or by calling 0800 652 7780. Full details of the product are also available on the website.

I hope this helps in putting a stop to those calls you no longer wish to receive.

Kind Regards

It sounds like a fishing call to me rather than a genuine company.

Report it to the police.

I haddock one of those the other day-someone trying to bait me .I cod na get rid of them for some time;if he rings back eel be sorry

Is it not phishing?

Archived