Unsigned Bands in Sheffield??

Red Head

Originally posted by Classic Rock

The Classic Rock Bar hosts unsigned bands every night of the week.

Dead by Friday

Deadline (just been signed!)

Rex Pistols

Stress Baby

Treebeard

Motorheadache

Gaia

Tikaboo Peak

Oh, I could go on for ages. Check out the 'What's on in March at the CRB' thread.

Aah Treebeard bless 'em, look out for the rainbow crown and pink flower lei I gave Chris for his birthday next time he's on!

Originally posted by Chris_Sleeps

Go Go Mr Yamaguchi? :D

I was going to play with them for a while, and in their e-mails the words 'Blur' and 'Foo Fighters' were mentioned as to what they sound like, and when i got their demo it was anything but that. Have they found a guitarist yet? They seemed like nice guys so i do hope they're getting on with things.

Their website is http://www.yamaguchiuk.com

They have dropped the "Go Go" from their name and now just go by "Yamaguchi".

In my opinion they are one of the most talented bands around. Of course, I would say that since I am related to them.

The Harley, Top of West Street.

I was in the Harley the other week on Monday, they had some good bands playing.

The place was open till 12.30, beer was reasonabley priced, the crowd was good.

I will be going back next Monday for another good night

• 2 weeks later...

good idea, not to sound biased but all those who are into the live music scene come and check out the harley this bank holiday monday, there's three bands playing (of which cellarhigh is one), two for one cocktails, doubles are two pounds and it goes on til past 12.

It starts about 8 as well so all those that are going to the fuzz club day barbecue you can come afterwards then end up in fuzz club. The harley has started to come into its own recently and its got a good little atmosphere in there, even if your not there to see the bands.

i play in a band called 'Dog Canute' - ramblings, wierdo timing and heavy guitars, think beefheart fingering shellac;)

playing @ the grapes 13th may

thats my plug over!!

check out 'the evil me', 'chora', 'the mother****ers' and 'the multiverse 3' - all cracking bands

I saw a shockingly good band a couple of years ago called Blue Room (I think). Amazing vocals and an intense energy on stage in Fuzz. A guy said they'd send me a CD but never did. I'm guessing they split up :( Don't suppose anyone knows anything?

• 1 year later...

KIK are a great band, whose music is undescribable really (a mixture of electro rock and dance beats)

You have to see them live, their gigs rock!

I think they're playing at the Boardwalk in February, but I definately know they are playing in Manchester at Night & Day Cafe on 21st February.

I'll definately be going to both gigs. :thumbsup:

checkout their website www.kikonline.com or their myspace page

Familiarise and appreciate! :cool:

Archived