Trick or Treat question.

I always offer kids a 'lucky dip' handful of candy treats on Halloween, but it struck me that this might no longer be the thing to do what with tooth decay and obesity.

But should I hand out money instead, (which I don't really like doing.) Maybe you have a better idea.

What do you think?

I always offer kids a 'lucky dip' handful of candy treats on Halloween, but it struck me that this might no longer be the thing to do what with tooth decay and obesity.

But should I hand out money instead, (which I don't really like doing.) Maybe you have a better idea.

What do you think?

Give them a choice of fruit.

I tend to stick to chocolate because it won't go to waste if no one turns up.

What do you think?

I'm under the bed as I type. I'm gonna stay there until I feel safe, thank you very much.

If the parents are happy taking their kids door to door for sweets and sugary snacks without worrying about tooth decay and lard for one night of the year then I'm happy to provide them. Or at least I would be if I wasn't more of a 'release the hounds, Smithers' sort of person.

Give the kids a handful of treats for Halloween and let the parents take care of their teeth and waistline.