Washing Machine - which seal?

Our LG 12650TP has a litle hole in the flexible door seal - I have looked to buy a replacement part but there are two options - one with and one without a tube.

I have no idea what a tube is in this context? There is little difference in price - both around the £45-50 mark. Can anyone advise as the pictures look the same except for what looks like a blue plastic bag type ring around the smaller end of the seal.

http://www.espares.co.uk/search/mo1410105pt1564/washing-machines/seals/lg/wd12650tp

Thanks in advance.

Our LG 12650TP has a litle hole in the flexible door seal - I have looked to buy a replacement part but there are two options - one with and one without a tube.

I have no idea what a tube is in this context? There is little difference in price - both around the £45-50 mark. Can anyone advise as the pictures look the same except for what looks like a blue plastic bag type ring around the smaller end of the seal.

http://www.espares.co.uk/search/mo1410105pt1564/washing-machines/seals/lg/wd12650tp

Thanks in advance.

Strange ... both options seem to fit your machine. Can you take the back off the machine to get an idea of which seal it is? You're gonna have to take it apart to fit either of the new seals anyway.

I'd think (though may well be wrong) that the bag seal is probably an update on the other one ... a sort of design modification to catch moisture, redirecting it off internal parts of the machine.

Based on the customer service mentioned by Tim1, they sound very helpful. What about giving them a ring and see what they advise.( £45-50 seems expensive for a door seal, and it still has to be fitted of course). It is a while since I fitted mine though on a hotpoint.

Cheers guys. Stil not quite sure what to do so will give a shop a call in the morning to discuss it. If I get nowhere will go for the one with tube I think........

Thanks again.

Alki, here are the contact numbers for that espares place in your link. 020 7717 5046 or 0333 4007 888 The 03 number is supposed to be for after sales, but I would think they will put you through to the right place if necessary.

Also, give this Sheffield place a ring and see what they say. Repair places will usually get the parts at trade price. It may not be worth getting stressed doing the job yourself. There`s no harm in asking for a price to do the job.

http://www.easysparesandrepairs.co.uk/

0114 2313787 or 07411 392219

Janus - many, many thanks. Will get onto them first thing (been dragged of to IKEA all day.....:gag:)

Will update you ASAP.

Thanks everyone.

---------- Post added 05-11-2014 at 16:49 ----------

Janus - easyspares are coming to fit on Monday - total price of £70.

Many thanks to you and everyone for the help :thumbsup: