Drunk Man burns 15 year old Poppy Seller

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29870960

A 15-year-old Army cadet who was selling poppies for Remembrance Day suffered burns to his face in an attack with a lit aerosol can.

Greater Manchester Police said the offender, described as black or Asian, 5ft 8in tall and wearing a dark hooded top, then walked off without saying a word.

He appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and was staggering, the force added.

Now I don't want to see this thread go into a racist thread. But it's disgusting that ANYONE would do this sort of thing, drunk or otherwise to someone.

This would never have happened if hoodies and alcohol had been banned.

What an evil thing to do to a young lad.

There is an army cadet place on Barnsley road up the side of the sportsman pub that also has a mosque next to it.

No cadets have ever been abused or insulted afaik and I think it is a good example of integration having a pub, mosque and army cadet place all next to each other.

True, and good.

I thought cadets had been instructed since a while now not to wear uniform on our streets for their own safety?

There is an army cadet place on Barnsley road up the side of the sportsman pub that also has a mosque next to it.

No cadets have ever been abused or insulted afaik and I think it is a good example of integration having a pub, mosque and army cadet place all next to each other.

More an example of different cultures co-locating than an example of integration. The Muslims will be in the Mosque and non-Muslims in the pub and in the cadets.

Let's hope it was just a drunk idiot and not religiously motivated idiot.