Germany fires warning to britain over migration reform

Cameron is desperate to win back votes from UKIP using immigration as a fear tool. It wouldn't surprise me if the UK was kicked out of Europe and I guess nobody could blame the UK. I guess that would suit some people ... until it hits home

As I understand it there is no mechanism for kicking a member of the EU out.... unless you can show otherwise..

---------- Post added 03-11-2014 at 12:28 ----------

How would you stop people entering the UK illegally? What about students?

Student numbers can be controlled..

As I understand it there is no mechanism for kicking a member of the EU out.... unless you can show otherwise..

There is always a first time for everything. I seem to rememberwe nearly got the boot for the movie Carry On Abroad

Edited by Mecky

How would you stop people entering the UK illegally? What about students?

At least students pay a premium to enter. Then in theorythey are better qualified to pay into our economy.

What unskilled eastern europeans add to our economy I'm not sure?

---------- Post added 03-11-2014 at 12:32 ----------

Its all too easy to get in, claim a n.i number and reap the benefits of our flawed welfare system.

Thats the root and branch change we need before considering any mass migration policy again.

Cameron is desperate to win back votes from UKIP using immigration as a fear tool. It wouldn't surprise me if the UK was kicked out of Europe and I guess nobody could blame the UK. I guess that would suit some people ... until it hits home

And Ed's doing the same thing too!

At least students pay a premium to enter. Then in theorythey are better qualified to pay into our economy.

---------- Post added 03-11-2014 at 12:32 ----------

Its all too easy to get in, claim a n.i number and reap the benefits of our flawed welfare system.

Thats the root and branch change we need before considering any mass migration policy again.

Thay add the same as most other people

Doing jobs our unskilled won't do. Warehouse work, farm work, I've worked in hotels where the majority are Eastern European. But they aren't all unskilled either - I've had my boiler fixed by a polish guy who worked for British gas and my van recovered by another one.

I'm not saying all of them work or that there aren't some culture clash issues but generally I've rarely had a problem with the vast majority of EU migrants I've come accross.

Cameron will NOT agree immigration controls with the EU exactly as Merkel says (although it was an EU decision and not hers).

She would accept our leaving the EU?? Who the hell is she? She doesn't run the EU although she think she does.

If you looking for a referendum ion 2017 as Cameron says - you not on this planet 'cos it won't happen!

:):)

The BBC report this morning said what she said goes, basically she does rule the roost. It really appears that way too!

I have been saying on this forum, for a long, long time, that the issue isn't with the EU, it is with the UK. Merkel is just repeating that message.

Leaving the EU won't fix the inherent problem, migrants will still come and will still be eligible for certain benefits that they wouldn't be eligible for anywhere in the world.

Another big issue, one that you can easily uncover on here when trying, is that too many Brits think that somehow leaving the EU will magically make all problems with non-British people go away, including Pakistani users of the dialysis unit at hospitals for example.

How are you Frederick1?