Does Sheffield Council support Israeli occupation

cavegal

Using the term "ethnically cleansed" is an insult to the Europeans Jews and other people who were "ethnically cleansed" by mass murder. I am old enough to have known Jews who escaped before 1939 or survived concentration camps. I can also remember the atrocities of the Stern Gang. I can understand even if I do not always agree with the fierce determination of Israelis to secure what they regard as their homeland. Israeli military might is far greater than that of their opponents but the latter bombard Israeli homes far more frequently.

Even more reason for them not to be doing it.

Using the term "ethnically cleansed" is an insult to the Europeans Jews and other people who were "ethnically cleansed" by mass murder. I am old enough to have known Jews who escaped before 1939 or survived concentration camps. I can also remember the atrocities of the Stern Gang. I can understand even if I do not always agree with the fierce determination of Israelis to secure what they regard as their homeland. Israeli military might is far greater than that of their opponents but the latter bombard Israeli homes far more frequently.

Exactly which is why ethnic cleansing should be opposed but that is precisely what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. They build a wall preventing entry build on their land and in the case of the recent war commit mass genocide. You only need to have a cursory view of some of the images of that conflict. Mosques, schools market places turned to rubble. Bodies of Palestinian babies and children dead unburried in the street. How the heck can that not be called ethnic cleansing. Israel should have been punished over their war crimes.

Edited by woodmally

Even more reason for them not to be doing it.

I was including genocide in other counties in more recent times when I objected to the misuse of the term "ethnic cleansing". I want both sides to "stop doing it".

---------- Post added 25-11-2014 at 13:33 ----------

Exactly which is why ethnic cleansing should be opposed but that is precisely what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. They build a wall preventing entry build on their land and in the case of the recent war commit mass genocide. You only need to have a cursory view of some of the images of that conflict. Mosques, schools market places turned to rubble. Bodies of Palestinian babies and children dead unburried in the street. How the heck can that not be called ethnic cleansing. Israel should have been punished over their war crimes.

I hope you oppose all military action that involve the deaths of civilians by our government in countries that are not at war with us. I also hope you support the Kenyans who are calling for justice for war crimes committed by the British Forces during what was then known as "the Mau Mau Uprising". Atrocities were committed by both sides.

Unfortunately I have had more than a "cursory view" of many armed conflicts in my lifetime. This includes the death of six close relatives, five of them wearing British uniforms.

Who in their right mind would support Israel in conflict!! I wouldnt. They steal land, their human rights record is appalling.

Well, Palestine has much more issues with human rights introduction. Look at the status of women for example.

You can't group Israel and Palestine into sinners and saints as they as bad as each other. As once was said any man can overcome adversity, to see the true character of a man give him power and look where that's got them.

No you can't but look at proportionality. Israel refuses to accept Palestine,invades their land and wipes out innocent civilians children and even babies. What does Hamas do fire the occasional rocket at the thieves.

---------- Post added 25-11-2014 at 17:12 ----------

I was including genocide in other counties in more recent times when I objected to the misuse of the term "ethnic cleansing". I want both sides to "stop doing it".

---------- Post added 25-11-2014 at 13:33 ----------

I hope you oppose all military action that involve the deaths of civilians by our government in countries that are not at war with us. I also hope you support the Kenyans who are calling for justice for war crimes committed by the British Forces during what was then known as "the Mau Mau Uprising". Atrocities were committed by both sides.

Unfortunately I have had more than a "cursory view" of many armed conflicts in my lifetime. This includes the death of six close relatives, five of them wearing British uniforms.

Some times military action is necessary we should have gone in and threatened Israel after what they have done. They have bullied that region for far to long while the west have ignored the problem. The same way we opposed Hitler and his genocide we should do the same to Netenyahu. I do support the Kenyans for calling for justice too.