DWP orders man to work without pay for company that let him go

its called utilizing the workforce pool to best effect, more profit =safe jobs for others.

If only that were true. I hate to tell you, but safe jobs are a thing of the past. Profit is king, and anybody could get the sack tomorrow if it suits the employer.

If only that were true. I hate to tell you, but safe jobs are a thing of the past. Profit is king, and anybody could get the sack tomorrow if it suits the employer.

Sack someone - you gotta be joking? How many people do you employ? Have you ever tried to sack someone. I would have quite a large wager to suggest no.

Sack someone - you gotta be joking? How many people do you employ? Have you ever tried to sack someone. I would have quite a large wager to suggest no.

I was sacked quite easily. My job was made redundant. I say my job was made redundant what i mean is my boss decided to tell me that then just rename my position add a few 'duties' then employed someone for much less than i was earning. He did this to 4 of us in total but the good news is his business is booming so if you really want to see it then theres the silver lining.

The fact remains the employer is getting work done for free, while the taxpayer picks up the bill.

Totally unacceptable and morally wrong.

A claimant is only placed in a not for profit organisation anyway, so the current workforce will be made up of volunteers already

A claimant is only placed in a not for profit organisation anyway, so the current workforce will be made up of volunteers already

But as I understand, John McArthur was employed and recieving a wage at the organisation concerned.

Not true. While some claimants will be sent to charity shops ect, others are sent to savers,poundland,gb eye and many more employers who make a profit. Should the jobcentre be sending people on these anyway? I thought a girl took her case to court as they wanted to send her to poundland and the judge ruled it illegal for them to do this.

Dream on. Unless you actually do b***** the bursar (Eductaing Rita) then it's very tricky to just get rid of someone like that.

Not true. While some claimants will be sent to charity shops ect, others are sent to savers,poundland,gb eye and many more employers who make a profit. Should the jobcentre be sending people on these anyway? I thought a girl took her case to court as they wanted to send her to poundland and the judge ruled it illegal for them to do this.

ALL placements on CWP are placed into not for profit organisations, the only way this is different is if the JCP have an agreement with, as an example Savers, who take people on WORK TRIALS with the potential of paid employment after. If this is the case then they will be classed as an inappropriate referral for CWP and sent back to JCP.

Dream on. Unless you actually do b***** the bursar (Eductaing Rita) then it's very tricky to just get rid of someone like that.

Is the correct answer. I refuse to believe I'm the only one who has worked with some right lay abouts who don't do their job right but can't get sacked. It's never been harder to give people the heave ho - which is as hard on the existing employees who take up the slack.

How much difference is there between working full time for minimum wage and getting full JSA/HB/CTB etc along with all the other freebies that unemployed people get? I can't imagine it's much. If it was a profit making company I can understand people being upset, but it's a charity, and his wage in the first place was being subsidised by the state. The man really needs to get a job in the private sector.