Jazz clubs in Sheffield

blushift

Not many places unfortunately, Sheffield could really do with a proper Jazz-joint but I am not sure the market is there. There are plenty of Jazz musicians though so filling a live performance line-up shouldn't be a chore.

I believe there are occasional live Jazz performances in one of the salsa clubs, but I can't remember which one it is and I've never been.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Jazz and swing open air concert

19th of June 2015 - advance tickets £8 ( £14 on the gate) 6pm to 11pm - ending in a big firework finale.

3 live acts covering Jazz and swing,

licensed bar and BBQ

all set on the picturesque lawns in front of the Old rectory Handsworth

behind St Mary's church, handsworth Road s13 9BZ.

tickets from skiddle.com , the newsagents next to the church on Handsworth road and the Old rectory office day time and evenings ring 0114 2692537 for details or email tim@orh.org.uk

A neo soul jazz night is really needed in sheffield I'm shocked and amazed just how bad it is for it in sheffield

^ THIS ^ I am in agreement with.

But in answer to the OP:

I believe there are occasional live Jazz performances in one of the salsa clubs, but I can't remember which one it is and I've never been.

That's Cubana in Leopold Square. They have pretty good jazz music on a Wednesday night. http://www.cubanatapasbar.co.uk/wednesday-big-swing.php

The people behind the new Trippets wine bar also intend to have live jazz (but on the upmarket tip). The place is set up for food, but I understand the back room is a bar. You can certainly get a glass of Laurent Perrier there, and I'm reliably informed that they do cocktails. http://www.trippetsloungebar.co.uk/

Not been to either yet... But I certainly intend to.