Forgot to send my drivers licence off for endorsement points.

You sure you haven't received anything else previously requesting you send your licence in? A similar* thing happened to my wife and she received her a letter giving her 14 days to send in her counterpart.

jb

* The issue number on her counterpart was different to that on her licence.

You sure you haven't received anything else previously requesting you send your licence in? A similar* thing happened to my wife and she received her a letter giving her 14 days to send in her counterpart.

jb

* The issue number on her counterpart was different to that on her licence.

No I paid my fine. Forgot to send my licence off stupidly.

Received a cheque through with my money back then this letter for court summons. I thought they may have sent me a letter first before this summons

No I paid my fine. Forgot to send my licence off stupidly.

Received a cheque through with my money back then this letter for court summons. I thought they may have sent me a letter first before this summons

So was there no accompanying letter with your check explaining why it had been sent back?

jb

I'm with Roosterboost on this one; don't turn 3 points and a fine into something far more serious, and possibly custodial.

My understanding is that you originally received a "Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty" Unfortunately, since you failed to comply with all of the specified conditions, that option has now been withdrawn and it has gone to summons.

This post on Pepipoo is a similar scenario, so you may wish to plead guilty by post if that option is open to you. Failing that, an early guilty plea on the day seems to be favourite, but do not act on my advice only.

I'd head off to the above web site and ask the question there,where you will receive advice from folks who do genuinely understand all the implications.

Does anyone know if I can sort this out now so I can avoid going to court?

Look at the website licence bureau, it states you should have had 2 letters. After 28 days your licence is revoked. I suggest you see a solicitor, you will also need to inform your insurance company about the speeding and also that you have had your licence revoked (if that is the case)

call them ASAP - my OH stupidly didn't take any action when he got a speeding fine which coincided with losing his driving licence (and wallet) the same week and they added more points and increased the fine by a few hundred pounds :/