Britain's richest MP forcing people from their homes!

More homes for well off people only.

What wrong with that? Not everyone wants to live in a basic cheap as possible house. I suspect if they built nothing but that you would moan about that as well accusng them of dehumanising people and making them live in squalid uncomfortable property!

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 15:06 ----------

It's stolen from us in the first place.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 14:57 ----------

Sometimes, but not always. Some are born into wealth. I'm not begrudging anyone who works hard for their money.

Really? I made my pile off my own back thank you I stole it from no-one, and I never got a leg up to start with either.

I thought you knew all about politics in the real world??

Was than a response to your claim? Really, just shows how your politics work! AGAIN lol

Care to explain what that sentence means please? The typo has thrown me.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 15:44 ----------

Really? I made my pile off my own back thank you I stole it from no-one, and I never got a leg up to start with either.

As did I, nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, I'm not worth £110 million, not even close, and you know what? I would never put someone out on the streets, not even with my pittance!

It's already turning a profit. It's not making a loss. Have a look into some of the other projects Brand has been talking about and you'll find that this kind of publicity and action does work!

It will be making a loss if millions are spent to bring it up to a modern standard.

Just goes to show doesn't it!

Also, avoiding the question, AGAIN!

Whatever. I've asked you to clarify your point so I can answer your question. I'm very close to ignoring everything you say to be honest, which is a shame because you make some good points.

Stop being so bullish and get on with it.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 15:52 ----------

Meanwhile in other threads, happy to tax businesses out of business...

No, just happy to make businesses pay the correct amount of tax, without using any accountancy tricks or loopholes. That's all :)

Whatever. I've asked you to clarify your point so I can answer your question. I'm very close to ignoring everything you say to be honest, which is a shame because you make some good points.

Stop being so bullish and get on with it.

---------- Post added 06-11-2014 at 15:52 ----------

No, just happy to make businesses pay the correct amount of tax, without using any accountancy tricks or loopholes. That's all :)

1. I use those tactics only when you do! Are you telling me you can't read the question, in all honesty?

2. The majority don't, the others get penalised when caught, where possible, but the law gets changed to try to prevent this.

Mr Benyon has bought the New Era Estate and told residents that their rent will be increased to market value, that's £600/pw or £2,400/pm. Anyone who can afford a £28,800 yearly rental charge must be earning close to a six figure salary.

I'm sure you can tell from the clip, that there are young families that will be forced from their homes, into hostels. The New Era Estate is already a profitable business, this is just pure greed!

He's just the ideal person to tell struggling people using food banks they must learn "better fridge management"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-richest-mp-richard-benyon-1855405

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315211/Richard-Benyon-British-richest-MP-lectured-families-food-waste-gives-bread-poor-window-manor.html

I never knew how a council estate could be profitable :loopy:

Well just because you never knew it doesn't mean that it can't.

In fact, council housing makes a huge net surplus (profit) despite rents being lower then the private rented sector. Despite that, this government is forcing council rents up so that they will be at the same level as the private (market).

You can read the facts in

UK Housing Review 2014

http://www.cih.org/publication/display/vpathDCR/templatedata/cih/publication/data/UK_Housing_Review_2014