Old boy network?

First link is blacklisted / classed as unsecure for me!?

In essence yes everybody should have attendance, but where does that notion take us? Does it mean parties like BNP should be on the debate shows too?

Here's a list of all the parties who stood for 2010 elections:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parties_contesting_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2010

I'm failing to see how having Farage in, but Bennett out, is a manifestation of influence by an old boys' club's. Farage is hardly establishment.

I'd have said that if there was an OBC, and if it had as much pull as the first link suggests, Farage would still be out.

But since he's in, then yes, Bennett should be in too. As should the respective reps of the BNP, the Monster Raving Loony Party, Respect <etc.>

I think I'd actually pay a subscription to watch the Farage - Galloway special, even though I'll not be voting :twisted::D

Edited by L00b

I'm failing to see how having Farage in, but Bennett out, is a manifestation of influence by an old boys' club's. Farage is hardly establishment.

I'd have said that if there was an OBC, and if it had as much pull as the first link suggests, Farage would still be out.

But since he's in, then yes, Bennett should be in too. As should the respective reps of the BNP, the Monster Raving Loony Party, Respect <etc.>

I think I'd actually pay a subscription to watch the Farage - Galloway special, even though I'll not be voting :twisted::D

Farage is the epitome of an establishment figure. He's an old school, ex-public school, right of right-wing banker!

Farage is the epitome of an establishment figure. He's an old school, ex-public school, right of right-wing banker!

I think you're right. Loob's observation could be more aimed at Clegg, as he's now in the "old boy network" by association anyway. Every time I watch these guys in debate it's like having pins stuck in your eyeballs.

And just how many of these are there about in the UK in addition to the political arena?

If he was establishment (within the OBC sense of the word), he'd be a Tory and in Parliament already.

He's about as establishment as J.M. Lepen (whose party-governing and political methods he has been following assiduously): a triple A-grade opportunist come late to the political game as the best way to meet his ego stroking requirements.