Cyclists Keep Back !!

Do you agree with the new HGV/PCV cyclist advisory sign?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the new HGV/PCV cyclist advisory sign?

• Yes, the new sign is clear and "to the point"
    • No, the new sign make me feel like a second class citizen

You do realise that the truck has to move out in order to make the turn.

If he doesn't half the trailer would mount the pavement.

They just don't have a clue,and wonder why accident happens, however i do favor moving out more keeping a bit straighter and when i see them coming scaring the <removed> out of them with air horns and a few hand movements to boot.

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

I'd have preferred it if they'd kept the cab in line with the trailer. As it is, it looks like they are trying to use an unrepresentative positioning of the cab/trailer to make their point - which somewhat undermines it.

Why would you have preferred that? It's not like trucks get to their destinations by keeping their cabs in line with the trailers the whole time.

---------- Post added 23-10-2016 at 23:16 ----------

And if it's as bad as it shows, why don't we legislate to require a better system of mirrors?

Or just ban trucks! ;)

I'm sure some people might propose that, not me though. :)

---------- Post added 24-10-2016 at 07:24 ----------

They're trying that now, specifically for London I think. But it's still tough in the cab of an hgv. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34115046

Yeah, I've seen that.

Personally (and like most cyclists I hope) I wouldn't pass up the inside of a lorry if we were anywhere near a junction and certainly not if I didn't have somewhere to go (ie up on the pavement in an emergency).

in post #79 video it is a representative position I was faced with last week when a bus pulled into a bus stop slightly angled in. As I approached the rear of the bus to overtake I could not see the mirrors of the bus so I knew the bus driver could not see me so I waited behind the bus. Sure enough once the passengers loaded, the bus driver pulled out to straighten the bus and see the traffic along side where I would have been.

Drivers have to acknowledge that cyclists do not have to have a driving licence and drive for them not against them. Roads are for the public and road users should be public spirited or not be on the road.

in post #79 video it is a representative position I was faced with last week when a bus pulled into a bus stop slightly angled in. As I approached the rear of the bus to overtake I could not see the mirrors of the bus so I knew the bus driver could not see me so I waited behind the bus. Sure enough once the passengers loaded, the bus driver pulled out to straighten the bus and see the traffic along side where I would have been.

Drivers have to acknowledge that cyclists do not have to have a driving licence and drive for them not against them. Roads are for the public and road users should be public spirited or not be on the road.

So drivers (and presumably pedestrians and other cyclists) have to allow try and make allowances for people with no road sense because they're either too lazy or too stupid to educate themselves about road safety?

So drivers (and presumably pedestrians and other cyclists) have to allow try and make allowances for people with no road sense because they're either too lazy or too stupid to educate themselves about road safety?

You really mustn't be rude about pedestrians, they have just as much right as anyone else to be on the roads.

As a responsible driver of something that can kill it is incumbent on drivers to be aware of, and make allowance for, pedestrians who haven't had to learn about the laws of the road.