EU Budget surcharge - Result! Shouts Osborne.

Are they playing us for fools? OR....

They played their hand by kicking up a fuss, then bringing in all the figures and sorting it out in one fowl swoop!

The EU are the ones playing funny business, they too knew about this rebate, as did Balls...

Guess what, its now sorted at less of a cost!

No, it is the same cost, it has just been spread. It was already a topic before the exact figures came out because last year was the last time people could avoid this surcharge (meaning they would have to stump up this year). as the Dutch and Brits decided to leave it to the last moment they got hit with a bigger surcharge in relation to others.

Guess what, it is a logical result, there is no funny business, but Georgie and Dave want it to look like that because than they can get people like you to blame the EU for a rule that has been in effect since the nineties. A rule that the British helped design.

Oh absolutely, I won't deny its like a game of poker!

International chess as I call it. You can be rest assured that any one country in the world is trying to get one over another country - Everyone is spying on someone. Some people said the Cold War has finished, I don't believe it, nor does someone else for that matter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29966852

Only last week we were scrambling against Russian Bears and we probably have this week too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11203034/RAF-jets-intercept-Russian-bomber.html

Edited by Mecky

No, it is the same cost, it has just been spread. It was already a topic before the exact figures came out because last year was the last time people could avoid this surcharge (meaning they would have to stump up this year). as the Dutch and Brits decided to leave it to the last moment they got hit with a bigger surcharge in relation to others.

Guess what, it is a logical result, there is no funny business, but Georgie and Dave want it to look like that because than they can get people like you to blame the EU for a rule that has been in effect since the nineties. A rule that the British helped design.

I'll re-explain for someone like you...

Originally we would have been charged interest on the late payment. We technically couldn't have paid £1.7 billion within a month without messing with our services or taking out loans. So we would have been paying interest even on the interest the EU wanted. Moreover we would have had to borrow / find an extra £0.8 billion and pay interest on that even though we didn't really need to because of the KNOWN figures.

Now we're not paying the late payment interest.

We're not messing about with two massive and costly financial transactions.

We're not having to reallocate / borrow an unrequired £0.8 billion.

Also, the EU (and Balls) have been shown to be using posturing tactics in their favor!

So, by correcting the political posturing of bills which were delivered incorrectly (and known to be), yes we have saved. Its simple maths really! Its only a real story because all sides are posturing and throwing propaganda about!

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 19:35 ----------

International chess as I call it. You can be rest assured that any one country in the world is trying to get one over another country - Everyone is spying on someone. Some people said the Cold War has finished, I don't believe it, nor does someone else for that matter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29966852

Only last week we were scrambling against Russian Bears and we probably have this week too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11203034/RAF-jets-intercept-Russian-bomber.html

Yes, what were they up too? What if they had suddenly diverted and kicked off!

As for chess (my favourite game still, hmmm Clash of Clans :D), the bluffs are somewhat more different to poker, so in this case since it was so much hot being thrown about i'd still go for poker.

The Russian posturing, earlier invasions by any other name, yes, very much chess.

Did you see Gary Kasparov on Newsnight about two weeks ago, very interesting his views on Putin and how he'll probably still be in the Kremlin when he dies, either as a new communist hero or killed (form war or assassination)...

Which brings me to Russel Brand, are his new coke dealers Russian communists, he's so much like listening to the super biased RT channel.

I'll re-explain for someone like you...

Originally we would have been charged interest on the late payment. We technically couldn't have paid £1.7 billion within a month without messing with our services or taking out loans. So we would have been paying interest even on the interest the EU wanted. Moreover we would have had to borrow / find an extra £0.8 billion and pay interest on that even though we didn't really need to because of the KNOWN figures.

Now we're not paying the late payment interest.

We're not messing about with two massive and costly financial transactions.

We're not having to reallocate / borrow an unrequired £0.8 billion.

Also, the EU (and Balls) have been shown to be using posturing tactics in their favor!

So, by correcting the political posturing of bills which were delivered incorrectly (and known to be), yes we have saved. Its simple maths really! Its only a real story because all sides are posturing and throwing propaganda about!

So explain to me, as this was an agreement that was simply being executed and the EU showed leeway to the British government, who is the moral victor here?

Of course there is posturising the other EU states have had more than enough of Dave using the EU as a scapegoat and now he has to swallow his own medicine both nationally, in the form of UKIP and internationally, in the form of the EU refusing to listen to what he has to say.

This thing gets publicised as a British victory, it isn't, it was just common sense prevailing.

So explain to me, as this was an agreement that was simply being executed and the EU showed leeway to the British government, who is the moral victor here?

Of course there is posturising the other EU states have had more than enough of Dave using the EU as a scapegoat and now he has to swallow his own medicine both nationally, in the form of UKIP and internationally, in the form of the EU refusing to listen to what he has to say.

This thing gets publicised as a British victory, it isn't, it was just common sense prevailing.

Morally, dunno, don't really care either TBH, however financially we are better off for it than we would have for bowing down and accepting it as it was first shoved out.

Hey Frederick1! I was looking for you, still waiting for an answer on whether the patients you meet in Leeds are in fact British Pakistani rather than 'immigrants ruining the NHS'!

Even at 78 there's nowt wrong wi' my eyes tzilstra! I see a car with Hungarian registration, car with Polish registration so are my eyes deceiving me?

:)