New LED street lights

[Matt]

My Mum & Dad have got them in Oughtibridge and if you will excuse the pun they are brilliant :-) Much better than the sodium lights we have in Benfleet Essex which are turned off at midnight to save cost hopefully the Sheffield ones are kept on all night

Obviously I can't comment on them lighting up houses and such, but from a glance I thought they looked great

We have a light directly outside our house and it's no issue.

You can get a shield installed on the light if you find it a nuisance so people really shouldn't be bellyaching about it.

I was visiting a relative last night where the street lights were upgraded to LED a few years ago. Came out and noticed all of them except one has changed back to the old orange sodium lights.

What the hell is that all about? :confused:

Where was this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The estate I live on is currently being upgraded but for the life of me I can't see a plan, there are old posts with new lights on them, new posts with no lights on them, including a now very dark gennel with a big hole halfway down it, flat LEDs, round LEDs, white lights and orange lights, streets where some have been replaced and some haven't.

The estate I live on is currently being upgraded but for the life of me I can't see a plan, there are old posts with new lights on them, new posts with no lights on them, including a now very dark gennel with a big hole halfway down it, flat LEDs, round LEDs, white lights and orange lights, streets where some have been replaced and some haven't.

that just about sums up ameys plan of action, ie no planning , but that does not matter to them when there is no one to hold them to account