90 year old arrested for FEEDING the HOMELESS :(

He wasn't arrested for "feeding the homeless". He was arrested for feeding people without regard to the regulations enacted to make such generous acts, safer, cleaner and less disruptive.

Fort Lauderdale has not stopped his organisation from feeding the homeless.

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 08:01 ----------

If you set up a soup kitchen in Sheffield Peace Gardens, every day at 12 noon, you will eventually be arrested.

Talk to the council and get agreement for a suitable location, then your chances of being arrested will fade away.

video shows how a WWII war veteran is facing jail time and a big fine, for feeding homeless people in Florida.

I'd like to know what people think of this new law in the US. I'd also like to know what people think of the law that allows politicians to not disclose any of their donations for the election campaign. Seem fair?

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 09:59 ----------

He wasn't arrested for "feeding the homeless". He was arrested for feeding people without regard to the regulations enacted to make such generous acts, safer, cleaner and less disruptive.

Fort Lauderdale has not stopped his organisation from feeding the homeless.

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 08:01 ----------

If you set up a soup kitchen in Sheffield Peace Gardens, every day at 12 noon, you will eventually be arrested.

Talk to the council and get agreement for a suitable location, then your chances of being arrested will fade away.

Still means there's a law that's been past that prevents this man feeding the homeless, which is ridiculous! "We don't have to regulate or disclose the amount of money donated to us in order to win an election, but this law that prevents the homeless being fed is just what we need!!"

Still means there's a law that's been past that prevents this man feeding the homeless, which is ridiculous! ........

No.

A law exists that prevents this man from feeding the homeless in the way that he chooses to.

He has a purpose of advocacy and change, which is not wrong. He is achieving his purpose through international headlines.

If he wants to feed the homeless in Fort Lauderdale, there are plenty of ways that he can do it within the law.

Fort Lauderdale should really be commended for the level of support that it does give to the homeless, despite these headlines.

As I said, if you want to set up a sustainable soup kitchen in Sheffield, you do not succeed by putting it in The Peace Gardens. You will be breaking the law and it will be shut down.

No.

A law exists that prevents this man from feeding the homeless in the way that he chooses to.

He has a purpose of advocacy and change, which is not wrong. He is achieving his purpose through international headlines.

If he wants to feed the homeless in Fort Lauderdale, there are plenty of ways that he can do it within the law.

Fort Lauderdale should really be commended for the level of support that it does give to the homeless, despite these headlines.

As I said, if you want to set up a sustainable soup kitchen in Sheffield, you do not succeed by putting it in The Peace Gardens. You will be breaking the law and it will be shut down.

Convince me that this is a crime and not an act of charity. Please.

Give me 1 good reason for arresting this man.

The only reason for this law, is because businesses have complained about the homeless population in the park.

So, business complains, business gets what it wants. Including a law that allows them to not disclose their donations to election campaigns. Yet meanwhile, the homeless have no where to go and they aren't allowed to be fed in public? Seems a bit one sided to me.

Edited by Bonzo77

Convince me that this is a crime and not an act of charity. Please.

Give me 1 good reason for arresting this man.

The only reason for this law, is because businesses have complained about the homeless population in the park.

So, business complains, business gets what it wants. Including a law that allows them to not disclose their donations to election campaigns. Yet meanwhile, the homeless have no where to go and they aren't allowed to be fed in public? Seems a bit one sided to me.

I don't have to.

He knows what he is doing.

You are mistaken in your belief regarding "the only reason for this law".

I repeat ... try setting a soup kitchen in the Peace Gardens.

I don't have to.

He knows what he is doing.

You are mistaken in your belief regarding "the only reason for this law".

I repeat ... try setting a soup kitchen in the Peace Gardens.

I repeat, convince me of 1 reason why this is a crime?!

You also keep avoiding the point regarding elections. Everything is in favour of business and not people.

That's why I can't watch prim ministers question time. Cameron gets right on mine.

Eugh! Dont get me started on Call me Dave we are all in this together Cameron!!

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 11:30 ----------

I repeat, convince me of 1 reason why this is a crime?!

You also keep avoiding the point regarding elections. Everything is in favour of business and not people.

The only crime i see is people being homeless in the first place.