90 year old arrested for FEEDING the HOMELESS :(

I bet that you don't.

I've read the report and it states the reason. What I'm saying is that I don't think the reason good enough. It seem a silly law to pass and one that can be used to stop people feeding the homeless.

They're only being fed. Shouldn't put people off. In fact, it sounds like people were protesting at the man's arrest.

There are places already where they can be fed and sheltered but not other places where they would start to hang out for the free food on a daily basis.

The sea front park in Santa Monica became a hang out for the homeless thanks to a liberal policy towards the homeless by the city council. Some may have applauded it but a nice pleasant park became a sort of unpleasant route to the pier. Park benches were hung with old clothing, shopping carts full of plastic bags of belongings parked on the walkways, drunks sleeping off the booze from the night before scattered here and there.

People started to avoid it and take another route to the pier and a place where kids could run around and enjoy themselves ceased to exist

There are places already where they can be fed and sheltered but not other places where they would start to hang out for the free food on a daily basis.

The sea front park in Santa Monica became a hang out for the homeless thanks to a liberal policy towards the homeless by the city council. Some may have applauded it but a nice pleasant park became a sort of unpleasant route to the pier. Park benches were hung with old clothing, shopping carts full of plastic bags of belongings parked on the walkways, drunks sleeping off the booze from the night before scattered here and there.

People started to avoid it and take another route to the pier and a place where kids could run around and enjoy themselves ceased to exist

It's a weekly event, not daily. Unfortunately these homeless people need somewhere to settle for the day. Why not pick a nice public place? You can't just simply cast them aside and tell them where they can and can't be. They're members of the public too.

Is that were Jim Rockford had his trailer in The Rockford Files? Jim and his old man Rocky would have fed the poor. Yanks always seemed like decent folk when I was young watching em on Telly.

It's a weekly event, not daily. Unfortunately these homeless people need somewhere to settle for the day. Why not pick a nice public place? You can't just simply cast them aside and tell them where they can and can't be. They're members of the public too.

I quite agree but so often they don't hold to what's considered socially decent in public places.

My wife and I were walking along a street in Portland , Oregon when we saw a homeless woman go into a shop doorway (the shop was closed at the time), lower her underwear and start to urinate. She gave us a look as if to say "what are you looking at"? Just a block further back we had passed a public toilet.

Market Street, San Francisco is like running a gamut of homeless. They yell at each other back and forth, use profanity, spit on the sidewalks and use shop doorways to urinate and defecate at night after the businesses close for the day. The city taxpayers are funding public service trucks which have to daily hose down the sidewalks early in the mornings.

Many of them have mental problems and until around the mid 80s they were confined in state institutions where they were cared for until the do gooders came along and said "Hey! You need to let them out. These people are not dangerous to the public They are only classified as mildly schizo or mentally troubled" So the institutions closed and here we have the legacy

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 23:32 ----------

Is that were Jim Rockford had his trailer in The Rockford Files? Jim and his old man Rocky would have fed the poor. Yanks always seemed like decent folk when I was young watching em on Telly.

No not Santa Monica. His trailer was further up the coast in Malibu. I doubt the residents of wealthy Malibu would have put up with Jimbo attracting hordes of homeless to the svelt beaches and neighborhoods of that fair town.

Garner himself was a very decent man in private life. I've been a Rockford Files fan for longer than I care to remember. I was very saddened by his recent death

I quite agree but so often they don't hold to what's considered socially decent in public places.

My wife and I were walking along a street in Portland , Oregon when we saw a homeless woman go into a shop doorway (the shop was closed at the time), lower her underwear and start to urinate. She gave us a look as if to say "what are you looking at"? Just a block further back we had passed a public toilet.

Market Street, San Francisco is like running a gamut of homeless. They yell at each other back and forth, use profanity, spit on the sidewalks and use shop doorways to urinate and defecate at night after the businesses close for the day. The city taxpayers are funding public service trucks which have to daily hose down the sidewalks early in the mornings.

Many of them have mental problems and until around the mid 80s they were confined in state institutions where they were cared for until the do gooders came along and said "Hey! You need to let them out. These people are not dangerous to the public They are only classified as mildly schizo or mentally troubled" So the institutions closed and here we have the legacy

---------- Post added 08-11-2014 at 23:32 ----------

No not Santa Monica. His trailer was further up the coast in Malibu. I doubt the residents of wealthy Malibu would have put up with Jimbo attracting hordes of homeless to the svelt beaches and neighborhoods of that fair town.

Garner himself was a very decent man in private life. I've been a Rockford Files fan for longer than I care to remember. I was very saddened by his recent death

I know some of them can be a pain in the ass. They've got problems, like not having a home for a start lol.

I don't see how giving them a meal can be seen as a crime though.

I know some of them can be a pain in the ass. They've got problems, like not having a home for a start lol.

We have a few regular homeless who mainly hang around the can and bottle recycling center. They are local born and have families in the town but for whatever reason they choose not to live at home.

Exactly! loadsa people can be in pain in the arse, but it should never be a crime to feed them.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 07:11 ----------

We have a few regular homeless who mainly hang around the can and bottle recycling center. They are local born and have families in the town but for whatever reason they choose not to live at home.

How awful it must be for you, having to recycle where the homeless hang out :(

Exactly! loadsa people can be in pain in the arse, but it should never be a crime to feed them.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 07:11 ----------

How awful it must be for you, having to recycle where the homeless hang out :(

They must get fed somewhere. You don't see them lying in the gutter starving to death all skin and bone. Generally when you see them lying around they're sleeping off a booze up of cheap wine or T-Bird