90 year old arrested for FEEDING the HOMELESS :(

It's a weekly event, not daily. Unfortunately these homeless people need somewhere to settle for the day. Why not pick a nice public place? You can't just simply cast them aside and tell them where they can and can't be. They're members of the public too.

The answer of course is to make poverty illegal, especially been homeless. Arresting a 90 year old man for trying to feed hungry people living on the streets is perfectly rational and most certainly the right thing to do.

A mere $500 fine and jail for 60 days is too soft a punishment for feeding the homeless, even hanging isn't good enough for this pastor.

Edited by cardoor

Exactly! loadsa people can be in pain in the arse, but it should never be a crime to feed them.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 07:11 ----------

How awful it must be for you, having to recycle where the homeless hang out :(

I don't recycle

They must get fed somewhere. You don't see them lying in the gutter starving to death all skin and bone. Generally when you see them lying around they're sleeping off a booze up of cheap wine or T-Bird

Yeah those homeless folk have the life of luxury, its nothing but a barrel of laughs for them every minute of every day.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 07:17 ----------

I don't recycle

It's because of those pesky homeless folk, I don't blame you.

Yeah those homeless folk have the life of luxury, its nothing but a barrel of laughs for them every minute of every day.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 07:17 ----------

It's because of those pesky homeless folk, I don't blame you.

Wrong. I don't have the time or the patience. Too busy biking or playing golf.

I do refuse plastic shopping bags at the supermarkets though and insist on paper ones instead. Doing my bit for the environment as it were.

PM me with your address and I'll sea mail you a sack of Bud bottles to help you out

Wrong. I don't have the time or the patience. Too busy biking or playing golf.

I do refuse plastic shopping bags at the supermarkets though and insist on paper ones instead. Doing my bit for the environment as it were.

PM me with your address and I'll sea mail you a sack of Bud bottles to help you out

It's such a hard life, having to go golfing, cycling then put up with the homeless and recycle is just asking too much. I sympathise.

Yes refusing plastic bags makes you a saint, the greenies would be very proud of you.

Yes don't give any Budweiser to the homeless, they'll just drink it, send it to me instead.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 07:59 ----------

I bet that you don't.

What do you think this so called 'law' is in place for? You make out its the same as 'Do not feed the birds'

What do you think this so called 'law' is in place for? You make out its the same as 'Do not feed the birds'

Do you even know what "so called law" exists and the details of it's content?

What I try to "make out" is that:

Similar restrictions exist here. You will not be allowed to run a soup-kitchen in The Peace Gardens.

Many of posters, here and elsewhere, are arguing from a position of relative ignorance.

Mr Abbott is successful in what he does and can be lauded for championing his cause.

Fort Lauderdale is a town that provides far more support to the homeless that many similar US towns and is trying hard to find a sustainable balance for all residents.

Edited by cgksheff

Similar restrictions exist here. You will not be allowed to run a soup-kitchen in The Peace Gardens.

Many of posters, here and elsewhere, are arguing from a position of relative ignorance.

Mr Abbott is successful in what he does and can be lauded for championing his cause.

Fort Lauderdale is a town that provides far more support to the homeless that many similar US towns and is trying hard to find a sustainable balance for all residents.

There should be no laws preventing even the RSPB Feeding the birds in Peace Gardens. So certainly no laws criminalising others feeding the homeless in Peace Gardens.

We have a few regular homeless who mainly hang around the can and bottle recycling center. They are local born and have families in the town but for whatever reason they choose not to live at home.

That's very nice. Meanwhile on the flip side, we have incredibly rich people, born into wealth, that are intent on buying properties, increasing the rent to "market value", and forcing people out of their one affordable housing.

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 10:01 ----------

I don't recycle

Really? Not at all?

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 10:05 ----------

It's such a hard life, having to go golfing, cycling then put up with the homeless and recycle is just asking too much. I sympathise.

Yes refusing plastic bags makes you a saint, the greenies would be very proud of you.

Yes don't give any Budweiser to the homeless, they'll just drink it, send it to me instead.

That's incredibly selfish and lazy Harleyman. It's also irresponsible. It's only an hour or so out of your week. Doesn't your local council (or American equivalent) provide recycling bins?

---------- Post added 09-11-2014 at 10:09 ----------

Position of relative ignorance? Just because we'd get arrested over here too, doesn't mean we are being ignorant.

Just because we'd get arrested over here too, doesn't mean we are being ignorant.

Nobody said that.

Your apparent failure to understand the written word goes a long way to providing a good example of my assertion..

Edited by cgksheff