Def Leppard Come Back to Sheffield June '06 - SF Welcomes You!

bigflesh

DEF LEPPARD RETURNS MAY 23RD WITH "YEAH!"

Coming hot on the heels of their platinum-certified 2CD hits package "ROCK OF AGES", Def Leppard have announced that they will release their 12th studio album.....

Coming hot on the heels of their platinum-certified 2CD hits package "ROCK OF AGES", Def Leppard have announced that they will release their 12th studio album "YEAH!" on May 23, 2006. On their highly anticipated new album, Def Leppard have created a heartfelt and hard rocking tribute to their musical heroes of the late 60's and 70's -the Kinks, Badfinger, T. Rex, David Bowie, Sweet, Roxy Music, Mott the Hoople, Free, Faces, and Thin Lizzy. Recording essential versions of the music that influenced their youth, the band have brilliantly merged the "Now" with the "Then" to create a buzz that can only be summed up in one word: YEAH!

Said Joe Elliott, "I thought it was about time we showed the world what our true roots were... British pop rock from the early to mid 70's. The songs on this album are at least partly responsible for us making the kind of music that we do."

Added Phil Collen, "We didn't want to make the standard covers album and gave this a lot of deep thought as Joe has been going on about doing this sort of project for 26 years. We wanted to express ourselves through these songs and approached the recording process as if they were our own."

The final tracklisting for "YEAH!" is as follows (running order TBA):

10538 Overture - originally recorded by Electric Light Orchestra in 1972

20th Century Boy - originally recorded by T.Rex in 1973

Don't Believe A Word - originally recorded by Thin Lizzy in 1976

Drive-In Saturday - originally recorded by David Bowie in 1973

Hanging On The Telephone - originally recorded by The Nerves in 1977, and Blondie in 1978

He's Gonna Step On You Again - originally recorded by John Kongos in 1971

Hell Raiser - originally recorded by Sweet in 1973

Little Bit Of Love - originally recorded by Free in 1972

No Matter What - originally recorded by Badfinger in 1970

Rock On - originally recorded by David Essex in 1973

Stay With Me - originally recorded by Faces in 1971

Street Life - originally recorded by Roxy Music in 1973

The Golden Age Of Rock & Roll - originally recorded by Mott the Hoople in 1974

Waterloo Sunset - originally recorded by The Kinks in 1967

http://www.defleppard.com

• 1 month later...
DEF LEPPARD nearly put me off rock music!!! I heard an early demo of theirs back in 1978 as I was seenig a girl who was also seeing one of the band,cant remember which, the guy with a transit van, and she played me this demo....God it was awful. Still got the cassette somewhere.......

They improved dramatically I might add for the first album release..

:wow: Can you do copies? :) please! please! please! please! please! please! :headbang:

I just saw them on VH1's Rock Honors Award show. They performed along with Judas Priest, Kiss and Queen. I have to say that Joe's vocals were as weak as they always are in live shows. Their later albums are so over-produced that I don't think you ever really hear him sing 'naturally' (dons flame suit). Actually, to contradict myself, I once was on 'security' for a Def Leppard gig that was held downstairs in the Virgin Megastore (I used to work there). The acoustic stuff was pretty good. They were all nice guys - Phil being very cool and VERY excited when I game him my copy of Girl's 'My Number' to sign. :)

I also went backstage one time they played the arena. The band had forgotten how to play some of their earlier tunes by all accounts, so a guy from Polygram called the Megastore and asked for some CDs to be sent over. I obliged and got the backstage passes and good seats for the show. Again - they were all pretty cool guys. Rick Allen seemed a bit scared of me as I loomed over him when I was leaving. He's only a little fella. :)

Rick Savage seemed to be the snootiest of the group, but since he still has the strongest Sheffield accent out of the three Sheffield members, he wins bonus points from me.

What's Pete Willis do these days? He had that band 'Roadhouse' last I heard...

/edit Also - has anyone seen that film about DL? I think it's called Hysteria? It's so funny - supposed to be in Sheffield as the band starts out and it's so obviously filmed in the 'States. When did you last see a fire hydrant in Sheffield? lol

Not long til Def Leppard !!!! AND Guns N Roses play the Arena a month later !! 80s rock mania chockadooobeeee :D

got my guns n roses ticket... all bloody rip offs but cant miss my no.1 band (ok only axl left but they were good at leeds and london where i saw them, in my opinion)

wooooooooop!

dont forget whitesnake at city hall.... they are putting on a better live show then both the mentioned bands at the moment... really rockin! :thumbsup:

Can't afford to go this time around but have seen them 4 times in the past. I have entered 2 competitions to win tickets though so fingers crossed.

Arn't they supposed to be getting some kind of Sheffield Walk of Fame plaque outside the townhall on the day of the gig too??

Went to see them last time around when they were supported by the darkness. I got right to the front and it was the best concert I have ever been to. I would have gone this time, but my inconsiderate friend is getting married on that day.

Enjoy it all you who are going, lucky ba####ds

Archived