Concentration on uniform policy

Its easy though, the parents should enrol their kids in schools which do not have a unifrom policy if they dont think its any good.

But then councils would have to provide free transport because the school would be too far to walk to, that is would they do with faith schools.

Its easy though, the parents should enrol their kids in schools which do not have a :gag:unifrom:gag: policy if they dont think its any good.

Maybe they think the schools results are good, but don't agree with the uniform, or unifrom if you like. Why do you insist that unifroms, sorry uniforms make such a big difference?

Maybe they think the schools results are good, but don't agree with the uniform

It is not just uniforms, but how short they have their hair, what hair colour, only one earing and it must be in the ear lobe, and teachers are meant to be smart - but they end up just wearing what they like, including stretcher earings.

It is not just uniforms, but how short they have their hair, what hair colour, only one earing and it must be in the ear lobe, and teachers are meant to be smart - but they end up just wearing what they like, including stretcher earings.

I totally agree. There is another thread about uniforms which has mixed feelings, but at the end of the day a tie or matching blouses will not improve what a child wants to learn. Its just a shame that some so called adults cant see this. I remember my teacher looking smart, and us kids wearing whatever our parents could afford, usually my older brothers hand-me-downs, yet I was determined to go on to further education. Uniforms did not assist me one bit, because we didn't have them. I truly believe that making a child wear a uniform does not get them ready for adulthood, and judging by some of the people on here, they have no manners whatsoever. If the rules were to be set by SF members, our children would be effigies of Kim Jong Un.;)

You should read the geek manifesto by Mark Henderson. It's scary how little policy from either of the main two parties is evevidence as opposed to ideologically driven.

Interesting recommendation, thanks Pete. Not sure if I'll read it yet, but the Amazon listing for it has the best written, most thoughtful comments I think I've ever seen for a book, both positive and negative.

Then the management of the school should insist that the teachers obey the dress code as much as the pupils