Hate and violence towards immigrants is wrong but understandable

Rhubarb............

What's Rhubarb got to do with anything?

Are you saying that inequality isn't an issue?

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 00:21 ----------

No it's growing for everyone actually....

Apart from the working and middle class?

You are like aware that nurses and firemen are not the entireity of the working and middle class yes?

Moving on....

No, but they're a part of it. There's also the millions that are working zero hours contracts. There's also millions that haven't seen a pay rise for years, yet have seen the cost of living escalate. There's millions of people's communities suffering from council cutbacks. There's millions of people seeing regular increases in their council taxes, just like the people of Sheffield will do next year. If the economy is growing and everyone is seeing the benefit, why has Sheffield Council (amongst many others) had to make a further £60 odd million in cutbacks next year??

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 01:06 ----------

:roll:..........moving on

Again - you are aware that the people you have listed are not by any stretch all of the working and middle classes......

It's ok to be annoyed. It's ok to be peeved.

It's not ok to invoke hyperbole and inflate numbers to big up an argument. That just makes you look foolish.

What's Rhubarb got to do with anything?

Are you saying that inequality isn't an issue?

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 00:21 ----------

Apart from the working and middle class?

No inequality does exist. However, to suggest the economy is only growing for a select few is rhubarb. It's alright quoting a load of public sector jobs, it's not like they are going to be putting out less fires when the economy is on the up and up. Lots of businesses big and small, old and new are seeing better figures. That's not, by a distance, a select few.

Again - you are aware that the people you have listed are not by any stretch all of the working and middle classes......

It's ok to be annoyed. It's ok to be peeved.

It's not ok to invoke hyperbole and inflate numbers to big up an argument. That just makes you look foolish.

But you agree that wages and cost of living are disproportionate?

Why are councils being forced to make tens of millions in cutbacks if the economy is doing so well?

Why do you insist I look foolish when all I'm doing is asking you serious questions?

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 01:24 ----------

No inequality does exist. However, to suggest the economy is only growing for a select few is rhubarb. It's alright quoting a load of public sector jobs, it's not like they are going to be putting out less fires when the economy is on the up and up. Lots of businesses big and small, old and new are seeing better figures. That's not, by a distance, a select few.

I'll ask you too. Why are councils making huge cutbacks if the economy is booming?

But you agree that wages and cost of living are disproportionate?

Why are councils being forced to make tens of millions in cutbacks if the economy is doing so well?

Why do you insist I look foolish when all I'm doing is asking you serious questions?

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 01:24 ----------

I'll ask you too. Why are councils making huge cutbacks if the economy is booming?

I have been intrigued by this debate and I feel I need to point out something - you don't understand the difference between the private sector and the public sector, do you? And how the public sector is funded.

I have been intrigued by this debate and I feel I need to point out something - you don't understand the difference between the private sector and the public sector, do you? And how the public sector is funded.

Why don't I?

The public sector is government funded. The private sector isn't.

The massive cutbacks are being made for 1 of 2 reasons. The government is short on money, or they're intent on breaking up the public sector and privatising it, which will lead to more profits for big businesses.

Edited by Bonzo77